What can I do to get him over his ex? 😫🤦‍♀️ Guys please help me?

So I have a friend who is extremely attractive and sweet but he can’t get over his ex (he follows her on Instagram ) and is always talking about her, he shows some interest in me but then again ex comes into the picture and even not just because of me but it frustrates me how she enjoys making him miserable (she has a boyfriend ) but anytime he tries to
move on she comes back and gets him dumb again 🙅‍♀️I just hate seeing how she plays both of the guys is there anything I could do to help him?
Updates:
Just found out they work together at the same restaurant ☠️ Because he went to apply with her and now he wants me to work with them 🙄😐
Okay thank you so much everyone helped understand that I was on my right mind from the beginning I do not have any romantic feelings towards him, it just bothered me how he is been used. But I will just have to let it be and let him realize it for himself thank you again !

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Advice for your friend: if he really wants to get over her he should unfollow her on any platform and make all means to get info on her disappear.

Advice for you: assuming you want to reciprocate the interest he shows on you, be flirtatious with him, give him clear signals that you're interested in him, plan dates, make easy opens for him to make the move or make some moves of your own. The best way to get over an ex is to get into a good, passionate, non-toxic new relationship (assuming no one is being used and both love each other).

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like he is in love with her. Love makes people act irrationally, so any rational advice likely won't help. The easiest way for him to get over her would be to block her on everything and delete her number. She probably likes the feeling of being able to string him along because, unfortunately, it's a common human behavior. Everyone likes to be adored, some people to bad things to get it even if it is hurting someone else.

I would NOT recommend trying to be in a relationship with him. It is obvious that he loves her. Even if he did start to date you, you'd be tossed to the side if his "true love" ever wanted him back. I would only recommend trying to date him if it is clear that he got over his ex.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I hope you don’t like him to much. DON’T start a romantic relationship. You will lose!!! Sorry, but you are playing with fire because if you don’t compare to her now. You never will. Does not mean that she is better than you in any way. Just means that his perception is that she is and since you want to be with this guy. Well, that does matter. So, take from me. Someone who lost as well to the memory of an ex being prettier/ more love... etc. Don’t devastate yourself like I am. My ex spent two years with me before telling me that I can’t compare to her... so, it’s different with me. But, that’s your future if you stay around this guy!

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• "he follows her on Instagram" ... Whatever.

Anyway, you can't other than being there for him. He has to decide he wants to "get over her" on his own.

1|1
    0|0
  • Does he know you're interested in him? Until he wised up he'll continue to be jerked around. That might seem obvious, but it's not. Make yourself known, if you're there when she does this to him point it out, but tread lightly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Distraction :D
    For example my last breakup convinced me to buy a guitar. Totally over it in no time. Perhaps a job change for him is in order though... working with ex isn't gonna work out well in my opinion...

0|0
    0|0
  • Help toh aaaj tak koi kisi ki nahi kar paya... focus on you and your future professionally... yeh sab cheezen Hoti Rehti hai... world population is in billion... so why to stick to him... give a value to person... who values you

0|0
    0|0
  • Move on from him. A man can make his decisions but a boy can not.

2|0
    0|0
  • You can't get him over her, he has to do that himself. He needs to cut off social networking connections.

1|0
    0|0
  • You want a romantic relationship with this guy?

2|0
    0|0
    • Response to update: The usual outcome of this scenario is that he never develops a relationship with you, he either never gets back with the ex or does so only briefly, and you end up feeling hurt and used.

• Yeah I don’t have any feelings for him (thankfully) it just makes me mad how he is been used but oh well I guess I will just let it be

• He is his own worst enemy. You can't save someone from their self.

• Eh, too late for the party, but I think your feelings towards the girl is not completely honest! I mean, the guy is literally stalking him, and you are blaming the girl?

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing. Give him time. Don't say "forget her" - that's the surest way to make him remember.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dress sexy... makeup... lots of bjs and sex... be there emotionally and do what he likes

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• There is nothing you can do to help him get over her. He will have to come to that in his own time, not yours. The best thing you can do is take a step back be his friend; explain the situation as you see it. But then be willing to accept that he may not want to see it your way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh honey I'm where you are. I am trying to show him there's better people then her out there

0|0
    0|0
  • No. He has to learn to get over her himself

0|0
    0|0
  • Make a distant spell on him

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes