What does “I really like you, but...” means?

like why would there be any “but” when you like somebody? Or does that mean the person is lying about liking you?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It maybe anything like he likes you but he may have girlfriend or you are not his type or he likes to be single

0|0
    0|0
    • So guys can still prefer to be single even if they like the girl a lot? Why’s that?

• Yes they can be because there is no much freedom being in relationship like you can't really talk to other girls nor you can't be with friends. So they choose be single.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• No, it means that there is some dealbreaker or they are not single/are interested in someone else.

1|0
    0|0
  • it means I really like you but you are not my type in (insert area)

0|0
    0|0
  • But, he's gay. But, he has a girlfriend. But, he works at an all crossdresser review.

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you there message me ı wıll ask you questıon thanks

0|0
    0|0
  • My old saying is I really don't give a shit if u do or don't

0|0
    0|0
  • No it means there is somthing getting in the way

1|0
    0|0
  • Friendzone

0|0
    0|0
  • He likes who you are just not the way you look.

0|0
    0|0
  • Means nothing will happen

0|0
    0|0
  • it is all in the but... :)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Lol it did happen with me. Once my boyfriend said to me "i really like you butt".
    Then i questioned him "what but"?
    He said "butt" means ass". Trying to teach me the meaning. For i like your butt he said i like you butt and that created a hell small sexy argument.

0|0
    1|0
  • "I really like you but I am not into a real relationship."
    "I really like you as just a friend.'
    You decide. xx

1|0
    0|0
  • In other words, I like you as a friend or a person but nothing more. You're not my marriage type.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he likes you for some reasons but he's not looking forward for seriousness at all 😉😉

1|0
    0|0
  • They like you but nothing is going to happen

0|0
    0|0
    • But that’s what I’m curious about? How can you say that you like someone a lot but not want anything with them?

• Liking someone doesn't always mean you have or want to be with them. Maybe this person likes you but has other things they need to work on first.

Recommended myTakes