Do you think it's OK for a single guy to flirt with a married woman?

... as long as they both know it won't lead to anything more?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Not sure
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Flirting - behave as though attracted to or trying to attract someone, but for amusement rather than with serious intentions.

Apparently, there are different types and levels of flirting. I was really just talking about "playful flirting".

Thanks for all the comments. I had no idea it would be a featured question.
Also, I think it would be quite different if it were a single girl and married man - because the man is more tempted to let it get too far.

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• As long as it is playful flirting and doesn't go beyond that there is nothing wrong with it.

0|2
    0|0
  • Sure... friendly flirting is fine.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• *inhales deeply for incoming barrage of flame* in the conventional sense I believe No. It is not ok. End of story.

That being said, *inhales again* I have an unconventional relationship. On the other end of the spectrum i believe it depends on the the trust level of the couple. A wife flirting can have possitive effects on the relationship. If she knows she will not follow through with what ever is offered it can be healthy. It can boost her self esteem and self worth to know she is still beautiful or "hott" to other males. It can also be an affirmation for the male as well. His wife has still "got it".

There are other nuances that affect this judgement call, but they are too numerous to discuss in this format. This is only my opinion but is not mine alone. I know of many relationships that utilize a similar relationship model and they are very happy.

Case in point. I know a couple that are in a chat room I'm in that openly flirt with people of the opposite sex. They never follow through with any offers that are on put on the table and they are happier with their relationship than a pig in shit.

This question is open to too many dynamic variables to be answered easily.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes, as long as it's playful and innocent

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 52

• I think there’s a difference between flirting and friendly teasing. This guy I know is really good friends with this girl who is married. They teased each other so much that people thought they were dating because they didn’t know she’s married. Those who knew she’s married knew it was just friendly teasing. Flirting is showing attraction to the other person. Teasing is just teasing. Sometimes it can be mistaken for one or the other but it makes sense when you what relationship the two people share.

4|4
    0|0
  • Does he know in advance that she is married or in a relationship? What is his intent by flirting with someone who is taken? What does he hope to accomplish by flirting with this married woman?
    It is never ok to flirt with someone in a committed relationship. In fact, this can contribute to the spouse of the woman feeling like a jilted lover and wanting to take revenge on her and/or you.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. It's disrespectful, and borderline cheating in my opinion. She shouldn't allow it to happen in the first place, and he should respect that and walk away if she says so.

2|0
    0|1
  • in most cases, flirting is just good fun, just look at the faces of those around the oh open eyes from girls/women, or the oh open mouth from the boys/men, in most cases at the end of the evening or time together with others around those concerned go home to their love ones or home to whomever,

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope it's a horrible idea! How would you feel if some single guy was "harmlessly" flirting with your wife, probably not really good about it either!

0|2
    0|1
  • It's wrong to try your luck with someone who's taken. What are the chances they'll leave their SO for you? Not that high... you have a high chance of hurting yourself. Also, if they cheat on their SO with you wouldn't you feel guilty? Although you'd be both at fault, their SO and their friends wouldn't have a good opinion on you and they'd probably hate you.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they're cool with still flirting with her when her husband is around and no drama is created, then it's okay. If that wouldn't be an okay situation for the other guy and wife, you have the answer.

0|1
    0|0
  • Flirting with someone who is taken is not okay and a bad idea

3|2
    0|1
  • HELL TO THE NO... just because there's a mutual agreement that it won't lead to anything more is NOT a guarantee.

Flirting with some who is married shows that you do not respect their marriage & vice versa for the married person. Respect yourself & flirt with someone else who's actually single.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because once the seed has been planted sure enough sooner or later when something goes wrong she will end up cheating

0|2
    0|1
  • Hell no that's extremely disrespectful to the other man and not respecting the marriage either. It's also an invitation to an ass kicking if the husband finds out and freaks out over it. Cheating spouses have been killed over this stuff when the husband founds or at least get beaten brutally, plus put yourself in the husbands shoes, would you really want some dude stepping boundaries and trying to pick up your wife when he knows she's already married? Flirting only makes the attraction grow more, and eventually it can or does lead some where cause that person could start growing feelings over time. So you need to stop and find someone else to flirt with.

1|2
    0|1
  • Because you always think that it won't go further but , when it does then you can't differentiate between right and wrong also , a married woman is somebody's wife. So it's better to maintain dignity, respect and distance.

1|0
    0|1
    • Concluding that I don't think it's OK in ang sense.

• "when it does then you can't differentiate between right and wrong also ," huh?

• It means that you shouldn't flirt with a married woman , because that may go ahead. Simple as that.

• i dont think any single person should hit on a married person

1|1
    0|1
  • It’s never ok for married people to flirt. Point. Blank. Period.

0|1
    0|0
  • Feelings changed.

Why do you think most questions on friends with benefits always about 'wanting something more'?

0|1
    0|0
  • well there are some guys who like it, it's exciting for them. I still think it's not ok and it's up to the married woman to know the limit

0|0
    0|0
  • As a married man do you like some douche to flirt with your wife?

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I think you should respect others as you would like to be respected. Would you like some random dude to flirt with your wife or girlfriend, even though he knows about you?

0|0
    0|0
  • It is OK as far as they both know the single/married status of each other and still wanted to carry on

0|0
    0|0
  • HELLNO it not ok..
    Would u be ok if ur future girlfriend/ wife flirt with married man etc?

0|1
    0|0
  • No certainly not but she's more in the wrong if she flirts back

1|2
    0|0
  • No.. there’s something called respect and standards... people take these things too lightly...

1|0
    0|0
  • No it is not and the married woman should be the one to be careful

0|1
    0|0
  • The single person isn't in the wrong. But it's still kinda a grey moral area

0|0
    0|0
  • Heck no. I find it to be so disrespectful

3|4
    0|1
  • Only if husband not round I seen where a husband kick a guy in nuts cause of it but also caught him in bed with his wife.

0|0
    0|0
  • As if guys care about those things. Guys could care less to be a marriage breaker than women do.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well, that's sexist of you. And by the way, I think you mean "couldn't care less". "COULD care less" means you do care some.

• I meant couldn’t care less. English is not my main language. Thank you. PS : I know it’s sexist but I still wanted to express my feelings about the subject honestly.

• No and neither should single women with married men.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not.

0|4
    0|1
  • Both parties are shit stains 🤷🏾‍♀️

2|0
    0|1
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 86

• He shouldn't do it because the potential for misunderstandings is enormous and there are plenty of single women to flirt with (this also applies to "friendly flirting").

0|0
    0|0
  • I flirt my way through life- it's just fun and entertaining. But as your updates note, it can be a fine line between friendly and fun and seriously tempting someone- I am always on the friend;y side. I would never engage in physical contact or even private messaging- more like a convenience thing if we work together or something.

0|1
    0|0
  • If there is a little teasing between people that know each other, that will pass. But anything beyond that, the guy should show respect for the marriage and not engage in serious flirting. We have a friend who is a widower and when he visits, he will always hug my wife and tease a bit, but we all know it's his way of being friendly and not flirting, getting sexual, etc.

0|1
    0|0
  • I put no. That is disrespectful to the other dude. That's putting her in a place to disrespect the other dude or have to reject you. Flirting is basically letting each other know you would be DTF. As a dude, if you're cool with that you're basically a cuck. Not respectful.

0|0
    0|1
  • It's completely okay for the guy. Maybe a bit dangerous if the guy is the jealous type, but he has no responsibility/commitment to a relationship, so he can't be in the wrong here. Why would it be wrong for someone of either gender to flirt with someone who is in a relationship?

A married woman would be wrong for flirting with any man who wasn't her husband though.

Men and women cheat at very similar rates, so I disagree that it would be different with a single girl and a married man.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes we can't help it. It's natural to flirt with someone you find attractive, even if you are attracted to them. I'm struggling to move on from a coworker who has a boyfriend.

It's best not to flirt with someone who's already taken, especially if they're married. Word will spread, and it could lead to bad things.. Not worth all the hassle and guilt of ruining a relationship.. Not to mention wondering if she got with you, she'd do the same to you too if she found someone too

1|0
    0|0
    • Sometimes we can't help it. It's natural to flirt with someone you find attractive, even if *they are taken

is what I meant to sa

• Depends if it's serious. I have a married friend who is VERY attractive. She seems OK with her guy friends having crushes on her if they're polite. She teases me sometimes. Once she was changing into a sexy costume for an action in between two parallel parked cars. She wasn't indecently exposed, but she said in a good natured way, "Don't look, or your fantasies will be destroyed." That was a couple of years ago, and I just saw her yesterday.

0|1
    1|0
  • I accidently flirt with everything with legs so married women certainly fall in that. I'm harmless though and am not the type of person to push someone into anything. I mostly just flirt to be friendly and because I naturally compliment people a lot. I flirt with their husbands too :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Things can go very wrong here. Also watchout for the jealous husband. There are so many girls walking on earth. Why need to go for someone who has already been taken, it's like burglary you know...

1|1
    0|0
  • I think it's very weird to flirt with someone who's married, even if you both know it isn't going anywhere. Why would you be doing this? Would you want your wife to flirt with some random single guy?

0|0
    0|0
  • Why flirt if she's married?
    The only thing flirting will do is eventually get you the girl... which means she would break up the marriage with who she's with to be you. ..
    You should flirt with a different girl instead because that would be mean to the husband she's married to

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because somehow this falls in the category of cheating and Am extremely against cheating, what will happens if her husband got to know this he will be so hurted. and vice versa too, a young girl should not flirt with married man.

0|0
    0|0
  • All is fair... But he should also be aware that he's potentially taking his life into his own hands then. Some husbands have guns and aren't afraid to use them. Some husbands hunt and know how to skin an animal and prepare the meat... If you're gonna go tripping into the forest, you'd better wear orange!

0|0
    0|0
  • Flirting doesn't harm anyone. Sleeping with each other that's a no no. But wheather you like it or not it happens every day at work and school. Married females flirt with single guys. Married men flirting with girls at work or college.

0|1
    0|0
  • If he wants to flirt let him , its up to her to tell him Its not cool !! his not the one married she is <3

1|0
    2|0
  • As the married party, it's her job not to fuck other men, it's not other men's job to not try their luck, it's her job to shoot them down.

60% of wives cheat on their husbands, so it's not like it's just crazy for any guy to try their luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what arrangement the married couple have. So long as they agree that a little flirting is okay, then whatever, that's how they define their relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everybody flirts. It's when she starts confiding in you her emotions that it moves into an emotional affair. Innocent flirting isn't a crime.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only if the husband is cool with it as well if there is anything underhanded or duplicitous or it's leading somewhere then absolutely not

1|0
    0|0
  • That depends.
    I think if the single guy flirts with the purpose of getting her into having an affair with him, then that's wrong.
    But there are other instances where I think it's actually ok. If the marriage is a shit show, you can flirt with her for her own good. Remind here that there are options.

So that either she goes home and talks seriously to her husband so they get the relationship on track again, or end it.

Been there. Flirted and was borderline romantic with a friend. It helped her go home and end her relationship. She's now in a new relationship with someone I know and a lot happier.
    Job well done.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because flirting is harmless if in responsible use. Its healthy expression of ones true inner thoughts. As long as its done with perametsrs

1|1
    0|0
  • NO, there's a HUGE different between flirting and giving a nice compliment.

2|0
    0|0
  • Me and my girlfriend have already thoroughly established guidlines for interacting with other people. We're both 100% okay with harmless flirting, but not with spending quality time and sharing real experiences, because that's what actually leads to relationships.

So my girlfriend can tell a coworker that he has a nice ass or joke about how she'd like to see him without a shirt on, but I'd rather she not take a painting class with him or join his book club.

On the flip side, this girl I knew used to grab my ass every Friday as a joke. I didn't mind, my girlfriend didn't mind, and since I never spent much time with that friend it never could have gone anywhere. In retrospect I think she might have had a thing for me, but it wouldn't have mattered if I'd known.

Thing is, if you just don't cheat, then it doesn't really matter what sorts of temptations you surround yourself with.

Just don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never heard of anyone flirting with the hopes of it not working out. People flirt to get with someone. Go flirt with someone who is not married, not engaged or even in a relationship. Those people are called single and unattached.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's OK as long as he can do it in front of her SO and as long as she openly tells her SO about the flirting.

0|0
    0|0
  • If someone is married don't flirt with them, it's tacky and weird and there's plenty of single people out there it just creates too much drama

0|0
    0|0
  • This is only OK if the husband is allow to give to his wife and to the single Guy a high five... in the head... with an axe !!!

0|0
    0|1
  • I firt more with married women than I do with single women. Married women appreciate it more and reciprocate more frequently than single women.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Its called being a thot. sure the man should learn to refuse but tryimg to fuck up his marriage is shit

0|0
    0|1
  • A flirt can make a nice day, emotionally. But the limitations should be known - and accepted.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes