Do you think it's OK for a single guy to flirt with a married woman?

... as long as they both know it won't lead to anything more?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Not sure
    Vote C
Flirting - behave as though attracted to or trying to attract someone, but for amusement rather than with serious intentions.

Apparently, there are different types and levels of flirting. I was really just talking about "playful flirting".

Thanks for all the comments. I had no idea it would be a featured question.
Also, I think it would be quite different if it were a single girl and married man - because the man is more tempted to let it get too far.

5488

Most Helpful Girls

• As long as it is playful flirting and doesn't go beyond that there is nothing wrong with it.

• Sure... friendly flirting is fine.

Most Helpful Guys

• *inhales deeply for incoming barrage of flame* in the conventional sense I believe No. It is not ok. End of story.

That being said, *inhales again* I have an unconventional relationship. On the other end of the spectrum i believe it depends on the the trust level of the couple. A wife flirting can have possitive effects on the relationship. If she knows she will not follow through with what ever is offered it can be healthy. It can boost her self esteem and self worth to know she is still beautiful or "hott" to other males. It can also be an affirmation for the male as well. His wife has still "got it".

There are other nuances that affect this judgement call, but they are too numerous to discuss in this format. This is only my opinion but is not mine alone. I know of many relationships that utilize a similar relationship model and they are very happy.

Case in point. I know a couple that are in a chat room I'm in that openly flirt with people of the opposite sex. They never follow through with any offers that are on put on the table and they are happier with their relationship than a pig in shit.

This question is open to too many dynamic variables to be answered easily.

• Yes, as long as it's playful and innocent