Who focuses more on looks- girls or guys?

Especially when deciding to approach someone.

2|0

Most Helpful Girls

• You would think guys, but I've seen guys go for anything that will take them. Guys seem way less shallow than women. I tell you now, there is a huge amount of girls who complain about being single but it's only because they are always trying to go for the attractive guys, way above their league. I've seen pretty girls who come across normal looking guys and they keep turning them down because she would "rather be friends"

0|10
    1|0
  • Girls of course! I know i want to look presentable to a guy that i like... thats just me.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It comes down to who has more options. So usually girls. Most guys have to put in a lot of work to find girls who like them which is why they settle for fatter uglier girls than themselves. It takes too much time to find multiple girls to choose from. Girls get approached 15-20 times a night so will push back most average looking guys unless he can make a really funny impression quickly without seeming like he is trying to.

0|2
    0|0
  • It depends on the situation. if its hook ups then both equally care about looks obviously. If it were a real love relationship on the otherhand, i would have to say that guys (usually) care less about looks than women do.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 41

• We all do to some degree. I used to approach guys who were around my same attraction level or below. The hotter ones were too intimidating.

2|3
    0|0
  • I think guys cuz they're visual. But let me tell u somethin, girls be lookin at the booty too now😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

5|1
    1|2
  • I think girls focus more on how they look but guys focus more on looks when choosing someone to date.

0|1
    0|0
  • Girls. I have seen many couples where the boy was way more attractive than the girl. I rarely encounter the opposite.

1|2
    0|0
    • It sucks, like. How do you tell someone they're pitching out of their league? I mean I might be a horrible person, I don't know. Just a golden personality will make me at easy, but if you're not attractive to me then I'm never going to be sexually satisfied. It sounds selfish, but tbh they deserve to have someone that is satisfied fully by them. Ugh... Sometimes I wish I had lower standards...

• I believe guys and girls focus on looks, but I think guys fo more so than girls.

3|1
    1|4
  • Girls. a lot (not all) will go after anyone with a vajayjay

0|2
    0|0
  • Girls... a lot of guys care a lot that you have a lot of similar hobbies because they dont know what to talk about otherway :D

0|2
    0|0
  • I would say men , not that women dont focus on looks they do of course , but men seem to focus more on looks especially younger guys.

0|1
    0|1
  • Women do a lot. I think it’s pretty equal, especially for young people.

0|2
    0|0
  • Guys are more focused on their (potential) partner’s looks. Girls are more focused on how they, themselves, look

1|1
    1|2
  • Men are visual and they want their woman to be attractive to make them look good. Women on the other hand fall in love with their ears. Most women I know don’t go for looks

0|1
    0|0
  • In today’s society it’s all social media so I think both genders really it also depends on the person

0|1
    1|0
  • I think if it’s just sex girls are more picky visually & if it’s a relationship guys are 🤷🏻‍♀️

2|0
    0|3
  • It’s the obvious stereotypical choice that girls do more- and that’s what I think but I think guys do care too.

0|1
    0|0
  • When deciding to approach someone, both genders care just as much about looks as the other.

0|1
    0|0
  • isn't that obvious? guys ofcos

2|1
    1|1
  • Guys i think

4|1
    0|1
  • girls

1|2
    0|0
  • Both.

0|3
    0|0
  • Guys.

0|1
    2|1
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 57

• You are thinking in black and white... it's not gender specific. Some people are attracted to personality, some appearance or even a specific appearance. Then you have the sapiosexuals, people attracted to intelligence... it's all down to personal preference and what is presented and how it's presented

0|2
    0|0
    • That's not really what was asked. I meant of course to what extent each gender focuses on looks when deciding to approach. You're correct that these decisions do not occur in a vacuum, but it's just an attempt to isolate the single factor of looks.

• Women are more likely to see more detail

• Clothing washed, hair done, nails clean, white smile, bathed...

• I feel like a lot of people are misunderstanding this question. Its asking which gender cares more about looks in the oppisite gender to be attracted to them. Realistically, i would say males, but i have no idea since i am not a female.

0|2
    0|0
  • Girls 100%, most girls won't even talk to a guy they deem unattractive. On the other hand a guy will be with a girl only because they are hot and a girl would be with a guy only for their money so that groups contradicts it.

0|2
    1|0
  • Girls rarely approach guys (although I happened to be approached on some occasions - by both genders), HOWEVER there are more factors more than just looks, such as aura and your confidence, body language and the like, which decide about your attractiveness.

0|2
    2|0
  • This is really a blanket statement, one which cannot be cast in such a general net. Both genders are far too diverse to examine in terms of generality when there is no defined "average man" or "average woman".

0|1
    0|0
  • Unreasonable comparison since just over 15% of women have ever approached a man, and a negligible percentage (<1%) practice it as the norm.
    In reality, men and women are equally concerned with physical attraction. It is THE premier criteria for choosing a mate for both genders and all sexual orientations. Any argument to the contrary is pure ignorance or outright lies.

0|1
    0|0
  • Men focus on looks then personality
    Women focus on looks AND personality.
    For women if you aren't what they want in both areas you have no chance. For men if you don't have what he expects in looks he'll give you no chance, but if you do he'll check your personality and it may or may not matter.

0|2
    1|0
  • Women rarely approach so it's going to be skewed towards guys.

1|1
    0|0
  • Hard to tell I think that's more of a personal thing but if I had to guess girls only because if a girl thinks a guy looks creepy then she would avoid him without a chance but a guy might give it a shot for a girl or that's just me

0|1
    0|0
  • Obviously girls since they spend an hour or two in the bathroom putting on makeup and stuff. Then they pull the “does this make me look fat?” Crap. Then they toss on five shirts and reject every single one because of fear it doesn’t match.

0|1
    0|0
  • you need ask that given the sheer number of "beauty products" on the market?

0|3
    1|0
  • both do but guys more honest bout it, girls lie more bout it,

0|1
    1|0
    • you girls are visual too just not like admitting a lot, i have herd a lot from girls say 1 thing but always seem run for same type, block heads & jaws & muscle toned or more

• Obviously men because men are generally the ones doing the approaching. Not to say women judge by looks at all though, they absolutely do, especially in regards to style, height, and to a lesser extent body type.

0|0
    1|1
  • Guys. Let me tell ya that dudes will forget your psychopathic traits if you're fine as wine. Hell, we'd sleep with the enemy. This puts things in perspective just a bit.

0|1
    1|1
    • That is quite sad tbh. This is why they’re so gullible and easy to trick. I think men should have a bit more of self respect

• Show All
    • Hopefully you consider a woman’s personality. Don’t get blinded by her looks.

• Ok, I hear you.

• Guys. Because guys approach girls more. It's the girl's job to determine someone based on their appearance and turn them down

0|1
    0|0
  • Guys I think. Not that girls dont care at all, they do.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its equal, they always say "its about the personality" but if they aren't attracted to the person theyll never get to know ones personality.

1|1
    0|0
  • Attraction matters. Each gender has their priorities, but there has to be something attractive before an interaction can start.
    You cannot negotiate attraction or desire. It's either there or it isn't.

That said, men are more visually stimulated - they connect physically, whereas women connect emotionally. That's not to say men don't have emotions, it's just that it's the core of the feminine being.

Even more interesting is that a woman can fall in love with a man without ever even meeting him. I used to say this tongue-in-cheek because I thought it so outlandish, but it's been thoroughly confirmed right here in GAG, even emphatically defended. Yes, it's always about the FEELZ. :)

0|2
    0|0
  • Overall I would say girls but it is a very individual thing for both genders I would say

0|2
    0|0
  • Both of them are it's just that most guys don't like to show how much they care about their looks...

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes