Should I ask his name?

There is a guy in my gym that I really like and When we pass each other we say “ hi “ or
“ bye” but We don’t know each other’s name! Is it ok for me to go and ask his name or he would be turned off with me approaching him? What do you think I should do and how?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I would absolutely stop him and say “hey we always pass each other and say hello but I don’t know your name”. You can say it would be nice to know more about this person you say hi to in passing. I’m sure he will be more than accommodating and want to know your name and talk too.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you! I will definitely do as u suggested tmrw! Thank you

• Show All
    • I will let you knw! I feel comfortable with ur advice! I hope my voice doesn’t shake when I do that 🙈

• If it does it will just make you seem more vulnerable, real and sweet. Mine does that when I get nervous too. Most people can’t tell though. We just notice it more because it’s us. They’re not focusing on it though. They’re focusing on you which is what you want.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask him just make sure you are not disturbing him in between his workout or else that may turn him off.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• He definitely won't be turned off. Do it.

1|0
    0|0
  • You could say something like, hey I see you almost everyday and I don't know your name. My name is... What is yours?

1|1
    0|0
    • That’s an awesome tip, thank you! I was struggling what to say😘

• Strike up a conversation and then ask. I don't think going up to him and straight away asking what his name is would be cool. So talk about somethings and go 'oh what's your name by the way, I don't think I even know it!'

1|1
    0|0
  • It will be absolutely normal to ask him. Go ahead, don't worry. Have a little chat and maybe ask for his number/facebook at the end of the conversation. Remember to smile and that's it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Introduce yourself next time you see him and he should do the same. Then maybe it will develop into small talk and more each time you see him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have same problem at times. But I most time ignor her. After seeing her with I guess is her Boyfriend. But yeah there times I have chatted and nothing more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Start a conversation with him to help you in some manner then when you go for thank you for his help, you can ask his name.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask him, or even better you could ask him out for a drink or a bite to eat after.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Go up to Him during or after His workout and just Start talking. Introduce yourself First with your own Name. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Just go and talk to him, girllll😏😏

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes