Have you ever pretended to like something just because the person you like likes that specific thing or activity?

I’ve never pretended to like something just because someone I liked likes it but I had guys pretend they liked something they heard I was fond of but I later find out they actually didn’t like it and it was very disappointing.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes but just on the first or second date and one or two no more.
    I dont know if its your case, but women ussually rejects very fast if you dont find a bridge early between you both so, if you can't find something in the first three minutes you must accept anything to continue and when you have other real conections, you can make other things.
    It may be frustrating to you to have it, but if you think about it, that lie is much smaller that the typical " we dont have anything in common" we listen when that time pass and you have decided on advance.

1|0
    0|0
  • If she says she likes A, and asks me if I like it, if I don't, I won't say I like A. Men need to understand that if you agree with everything she says, she will see through it, and lose interest in you. Count on it.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Only once, I pretended to like my crush at the time favorite band when I actually didn't like it at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t know it I ever pretended to like something but I told myself I did like “oh yeah I totally like that too” and I’d try to convince myself that I liked it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• There's a difference between giving something a chance because of someone else and pretending to like it. I've went to concerts i wouldn't have went to before like "Prince" I had no interest in Prince but she liked him. We didn't last but now i enjoy listening to Prince.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never have pretended to like something that I didn't for someone else but I have participated in activities sat through movies and so on that I didn't like without complaining for someone I cared about

0|2
    0|0
  • i don't pretend to like things but i'll like them because thy like it, i think knitting is boring but if i had a girlfriend that love it i'd look into it a little and talk to her about it if she was really into it, even if i don't like it i still support her in it. if i hate it though i'll tell her lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not that. But i pretend to hate something less, or rather, when i gave my opinion about it, i was less harsh.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, but I do try my best to find it interesting, even if I don't enjoy it. I figure that I will be able to learn something, if nothing else.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I'm dating someone and she wants to do something I don't like, I let her know. In the end I still do it because I like her.

0|0
    0|0
  • No i’m not that low to pretend to like something I don’t just to have a friend or person you know. If you don’t like mutual things clearly not the right person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have not. I'd probably be horribly transparent if I tried that too. If I'm not interested in something I couldn't be bothered to focus on it. I wouldn't be able to keep up the act.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, if it is music I would say that I only like a few songs of that genre which isn’t a lie. But that my favorite is pop.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't ever disappoint yourself stick with your line of thinking and remember don't ever take yourself down to someone else's level you bring them up to yours if you can't they Art worth it

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 12

• Not really, but maybe I’ve exaggerated how much I’ve liked it. But I don’t really fake it. If I disagree with something they like, I say it and that often creates more conversation than just boringly agreeing with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I pretend to have watched TV Shows someone likes (friends, collegues and so on) . I simple read about it and Google Information so I'm able to talk about it

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t say pretend, im a very adaptable person so I try to relate to it. Sometimes i end up liking it

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol i used to yeah. And then i realized that the things I like are just fine too.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, coincidently me my boyfriend his mom his sister and my best friend all have a common interest

0|0
    0|0
  • yes.. big mistake.. have to be yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope!
    I have always been myself with a things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, guilty as hell.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. If I don’t like it then I tell them

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope never

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls