Is it true that if a guy doesn't ask you out or make a move, that he's not interested?

What's your opinion? 😊
  • Yes they're not interested, move on
    Vote A
  • They might be interested
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Obvious answer is that they may be too shy! They might be very interested! You want a particular guy? YOU ask HIM! 😊😊

2|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• It might be or it might not be. It's hard to know. When I was your age, I had a huge crush on a girl that I thought was the prettiest in our class but I thought she could have any guy she wanted and being just an average looking and kind of geeky guy, she wouldn't want me so I never made a move because I was sure she'd reject me.

Years later, after we were both married, I crossed paths with her again and told her how I felt about her in high school. She said that she actually didn't date much in high school (maybe most other guys were thinking like me?) and seemed to indicate that if I had asked she'd have probably accepted. That was decades ago but I still regret being too afraid to ask her.

So I would say if a guy doesn't approach you, it could mean he's not interested or it could mean he's afraid to ask because he thinks you'll say no.

If you like the guy, what I'd suggest is talking with him and giving him hints that you like him. Then if he's interested, hopefully that will give him the confidence to make a move. If it doesn't, you can always be the one to make a move. Of course you risk the same thing that guys fear - being rejected - but based on my experience I think it's better to take that risk than to regret not doing it for the rest of your life.

2|1
    0|0
  • Not necessarily. You have to look at the whole situation though. He might not be interested or he might be nervous. Do you know this guy? Do you talk to him? If he looks at you a lot, teases you, smiles at you then he's probably interested.

2|0
    0|0
  • Could be that he`s shy or doesn`t want to get rejected and such. Or he`s intimidated cos he`s the average joe and you`re above average, thus making him feel intimidated

2|0
    0|0
  • If the guy is shy and afraid, he'll never make a move

2|0
    0|0
  • He may be interested, but he may also be doing reconnaissance meaning he is trying to determine things like "Is she available?" "Do I really like her? I better listen to what she is saying to learn more about her personality."

2|0
    0|0
  • No, if i don't make a move to ask a girl out it's cause
    i don't want come on to her to the point that i will seem
    creepy or make her feel uncomfortable. Also I'm shy guy
    i hate say this but i like the girl to make a move on me
    cause it makes me rest assure that she is comfortable
    with me i don't know some of us guys to fear they will be
    rejected by a girl if they ask her out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its been gone over but maybe he doesn't realize that he can? For example, I really like this girl she sends me signs of attraction but I'm not going to ask her out because she has been forward with saying how she is moving to another country in another year or so. I'm looking for a wife not a short term thing so even though I really like her its doubtful id ask her out unless she said something to me first.

1|0
    0|0
  • He might be shy. If you let him know you're interested and available (being close, touching, rubbing your boobs against him), and then he does nothing, then he's not interested.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some guys just can't/don't know how to make a move or ask a woman out. So no, I wouldn't say that's true at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • See there are 100 guys interested in you
    50 are taken
    30 have other priorities in life..
    10 think you are way out of their league..
    5 only want to have dirty sex with you and yell to the world they nailed you..
    4 Guys are chicken, or afraid or some or the other reason not up for it..
    And that 1 GUY
    OH!.. THAT ONE PERFECT Guy for you.
    With who you will have THE MOST EPIC RELATIONSHIP..

IS RIGHT THERE.. .
    . RIGHT THERE...
    . RIGHT THERE...

. RIGHT THERE NEXT TO YOU..
    In your cold lifeless FRIENDZONE..

where you locked him to suffer for eternity.. While you give the 5 players try and start blaming saying..
    "All the men are same/Pigs"

3|0
    0|0
  • A lot of guys are too timid to make the first move. Find a way to break the ice and your true answer will be awaiting.

1|1
    0|0
  • l would be very scared thats why l am still single l get very nervous and l am a very good guy and l get scared in case l get rejected l have everything but no love

1|0
    0|0
  • Ugggh, not this question again. I swear to god. No, just no. The answer is no, it has always been no, and it will always be no. Whoever is spreading this fabricated piece of shitty misinformation needs to stop. It is patently untrue and every time I see this question it just pisses me off at how many women are actually walking around out there with this load of garbage in their heads.
    Is it true that if a guy doesn't ask you out or make a move, that he's not interested?

0|2
    1|1
    • I can see the reason you have such a low MHO and your status as guru. I am assuming you have spent half of your time on gag since it started. I will pray to god to give you a meaningful life.

• Show All
    • I understand your frustration. I will surely ask God to do that. I am leaving gag tomorrow. Care to answer my latest question?:)

• Also I guess I am a pervert and didn't see the broader picture which is her question. I saw this girl's face and I was like "omg how cute she is" and then read your opinion which made me think" this dude has no heart, how can he answer her question rudely" but I get your point.

• Well maybe he isn't interested or need more time to know you or maybe he's shy

2|0
    0|0
  • Either that or he's a pussy in which case you wouldn't wanna be with him anyways

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would think so. Unless he is shy or scared too

1|0
    0|0
  • That's not true I wouldn't be that way

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes they're not interested, move on

0|0
    1|0
  • This is so silly lol

0|0
    1|0
  • Yaa probably have no interest..

0|0
    1|0
  • Not necessarily. They might be too scared of rejection. Everyone is more or less unless they have done it so many times. But especially guys your age are almost certainly to some extent scared of rejection, some so scared they don't make a move at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most guys won't just ask you out if they like you.
    When I say most I mean like 97% of the time they won't.

With that understanding you should appreciate that girls have virtually no ability to use this as a metric for a guy's interest and it should be dismissed out of hand anytime you hear a girl make this kind of suggestion.

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• They Might be in Their own Way but Not Making an Effort, Makes it More that You would have to Do More of a Chore by Talking to Him and Making the Move. xx

1|0
    0|0
  • Mixed with shyness, fear of rejection, inappropriateness or strict codes, lack of interest and expectations of us putting ourselves out there , power or fear are its pillars.

1|1
    0|0
  • Or, interested but married/in a relationship lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Not in every single case, but it’s generally a good rule to live by.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes