Guys, He stared at me constantly, does he like me? And should I say hi?

So this guy I like is always staring at me in P. E. I will be laughing/ talking with my friends and I will turn to look at him and he is already staring. I started noticing this at the end of November and it has continued since then. I caught him staring at me on Thursday and I stared back and it appeared as if he was in a gaze and he noticed I was looking at him and his eyes started to wander the room right away. I also caught him staring at me before lunch started because I get out of the locker rooms early to sit across from him and I looked up from my phone and he’s staring at me. I want to say hi but the thing that has been holding me back is he’s a senior in high school and I’m a sophomore. I think he is shy so I need help if I should say hi to him. All I know is I really like him.

1