Can a younger guy (mid 20s) be interested in a woman who is 30+ years old nearly 40?

Hi, a younger colleague in his mid 20s complimented me a few times that I looked pretty and stylish in my clothes. He ever told me I am nice , sweet and very funny in text messages. We will use emoticons when text.

Sometimes he seems shy towards me. Not looking at me when we speak but just look at the ground.
A few times, I noticed he will stare at me from across the room when I am not looking. When I looked at him, he just said hello and very quickly looked away.

He seldom initiate conversation but only said hello and those compliments if we pass at times.

Is he just being nice as a colleague or is into me? I feel weird being called 'sweet' at my age...

212

Most Helpful Guys

• Absolutely

• 4d

I have always had a thing for older

• 4d

Don't worry! :)

• 4d

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Yes, he is into you. What do you want from him? Friendship or more?

• 4d

U think he is into me even though he's not taking any initiative to ask for hangout?

I'm into him. I'm just thinking if its just at this moment of attractions. I don't think he will make a move either.

• 2d

Most welcome! :)

We had lunch with 2 of our colleagues before.

After which, before Christmas, I asked him if he would wanna lunch together (just the 2 of us). He told me he would arrange with me. However, till now I didn't get to hear from him.

I am not sure if he had totally forgotten about it or he is just not interested in having lunch with me or even could be too shy to lunch alone with me. He ever told me he is a very introverted person. But from what I see he's very sociable towards others...

I do not want to appear too aggressive therefore I did not ask him again... As in I have already took the first step to ask him...

• 2d

You could arrange for several co-workers to go to a happy hour event after work and invite him to join the group.