Can a younger guy (mid 20s) be interested in a woman who is 30+ years old nearly 40?

Hi, a younger colleague in his mid 20s complimented me a few times that I looked pretty and stylish in my clothes. He ever told me I am nice , sweet and very funny in text messages. We will use emoticons when text.

Sometimes he seems shy towards me. Not looking at me when we speak but just look at the ground.
A few times, I noticed he will stare at me from across the room when I am not looking. When I looked at him, he just said hello and very quickly looked away.

He seldom initiate conversation but only said hello and those compliments if we pass at times.

Is he just being nice as a colleague or is into me? I feel weird being called 'sweet' at my age...

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Absolutely

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

I have always had a thing for older

• Show All
    • 4d

Don't worry! :)

• 4d

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Yes, he is into you. What do you want from him? Friendship or more?

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

U think he is into me even though he's not taking any initiative to ask for hangout?

I'm into him. I'm just thinking if its just at this moment of attractions. I don't think he will make a move either.

• Show All
    • 2d

Most welcome! :)

We had lunch with 2 of our colleagues before.

After which, before Christmas, I asked him if he would wanna lunch together (just the 2 of us). He told me he would arrange with me. However, till now I didn't get to hear from him.

I am not sure if he had totally forgotten about it or he is just not interested in having lunch with me or even could be too shy to lunch alone with me. He ever told me he is a very introverted person. But from what I see he's very sociable towards others...

I do not want to appear too aggressive therefore I did not ask him again... As in I have already took the first step to ask him...

• 2d

You could arrange for several co-workers to go to a happy hour event after work and invite him to join the group.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Two opinions from Ladies who just FELT like they had to reply in the negative to your question.
    Two ladies who both had to go Anonymous to make their comments.
    Two ladies who are both 18-24.

Meanwhile, all of the men say YES.

So, tell me: why on Earth do women always have to attack one another? Why not be supportive and positive? Is it really that hard?

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Thank you for your supportive comments! ๐Ÿ™‚

• I'm 26 and very into mature women (30+)

he's probably into you

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Hi, why when you can date younger women?

If he's into but he never initiate any conversation or hang out...

• Show All
    • 4d

You seemed very mature in your thoughts for your age... ๐Ÿ‘

• 4d

thank you

• Of course he can. If I would have feelings for someone in your age, I wouldn't throw it away just for the age difference.

1|0
    0|0
  • Iโ€™d be open to it so I don't know why he wouldnโ€™t be

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course. If you have enough in common it could work out. Good luck

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes we can.

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Hi, why is that so when you can date younger ones? Have you had such relationship before?

• Show All
    • 4d

Then in my case, in your opinion, do you think he's interested?

• 4d

I think he is. But I'm not completely sure. I'm 75% sure he is.

• Yes definitely

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Why is that so?
      You too have such relationship before?

• Yes, it is almost a rule

1|0
    0|0
  • He may, yeah.

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• The ones who had issues in childhood with their mothers, they do like older women. Because subconsciously they crave for their mothers attention and older girlfriend may fill that desire.

1|0
    0|2
    • 4d

I believe so some might be like that...

• Show All
    • 4d

Oh yes, so when women go for older men, they crave for their father's attention and an older men may fulfill that desire.

*rolls eyes*

• 4d

@dantetheexplorer thats right.. You can read about it.

• Men like younger females.

0|0
    0|2

Recommended myTakes