Have you ever been serenaded?

Have you ever wanted to be serenaded before?
Or have you been serenaded? What was that experience like? Have you ever been serenaded?
  • I've been serenaded and enjoyed it.
  • I've been serenaded and didn't like it.
  • I think it'd be sweet to be serenaded.
    Vote C
  • I think it'd be weird to be serenaded.
    Vote D

115

Most Helpful Girls

• I have been serenaded once, and it was by my stalker. So it was not an enjoyable experience, as I did not want to be anywhere near him, and he was attracting the attention of a bunch of strangers.

I'm not exaggerating about the stalker bit by the way. He was a problem for me for two years. I had told him that I didn't like him, multiple times, often times in not very nice ways, and he either didn't get it or didn't care. He would follow me around in public, and often had to be forced to leave rooms I was in, and he would grab at me, and I'm pretty sure he installed software to monitor my internet activity.

Being serenaded is a cute concept in theory, but that experience just ruined it for me. It's also kind of awkward. You can't really do much except sit there and worry about what your face is doing. And what if the guy isn't a good singer, or isn't good at whatever instrument he's playing, or if he wrote the song and it absolutely sucks? I'm not a very good actor.

I feel like in order for it to be an enjoyable experience, the two people would have to be very close, to the point where they no longer worry about whether or not the other one likes them. It would either have to be in private, or both parties would have to not mind the attention that it would bring. Even then, I feel like it still carries a lot of potential for awkwardness.

• Sorry to hear about the stalker.

You've got a great point, "you can't really do much except sit there and worry about what your face is doing".

• I'm a huge sucker for a guy playing guitar and singing something about it just makes me light up, I was friends with benefits with a guy for awhile who was a recording artist that played guitar and sang and he would bring his guitar over to my house and sing to me all the time it made me super happy

Most Helpful Guy

• haven't been serenaded, but I think it would be nice.