How do I ask out a woman in a professional atmosphere?

Ok so I’m a petroleum mechanic and I was repairing the gas station owned by one of my companies biggest clients, and i was talking to this cute gas pump attendant while I was there and we seemed to hit it off pretty well but I don’t know if it’s professional to ask for her number, or out for coffee or somthing since she works for one of our biggest clients, so should I ask for her number next time I’m there or just ignore it

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Do something smart. Give her a paper with an equation and ask her to solve it when she has some time because [insert random reason]. The answer to that equation should be your number. You could also play with the letter and add a message like "cal^2 me" or "let's hang out" when she finds the solution.
    Don't make the equation too hard, but not too obvious either.
    Some explanations of how to form your number could also be used if it starts with 0... Or make an array where she has to complete the answers.
    Also, pray she solves it correctly... Maybe add a way to verify the result... like adding all the numbers together should give a sum.
    This avoids the situation of you having to ask her out at work and wasting time, since she'll be doing it in her free time.
    Well, just a suggestion, take it or leave it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd strike conversation about something and see if can get that conversation clicking. try to get her to chase you. Then it's just a matter of saying "Hey, converstaion is great (try to get her ack on that), lets grab coffee sometime (whatever ), what's your number"? Don't ask for her number, tell her to give you her number.

If you aren't feeling it, don't do it, it's work. And this is all done positive with good energy. if you dont' have the skills or competence, develop them first.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It is never okay to ask out a woman today. Work, gym, shopping, street, everywhere is inappropriate for them. If you are lucky and she isn't a total witch it may work. For me it is always okay as long as you don't do it while I am busy dping something. If you have lunch together and stuff like that when you don't do something important at work then is the time to talk to her and try to ask her out. Qhen she leaves work is another good time. Just make sure you don't do it when she is busy

2|6
    2|1
    • Props to you. I’ve never seen a women speak the truth on GAG. It’s just inappropriate everywhere nowadays because you can easily get thrown in jail for sexual harassment

• Show All
    • @Nades not if you show her you're a quality guy. Then she'll be chasing you.

• You’re right. But wrong.

Women are okay with being approached anywhere any time. The caveat to this is you must be a man who is smooth with this. You must be experiences with women and flirting to be an effortless thing for you which causes women you flirt with to be comfortable with you even though you’re trying to get i their pants.

Since like 99% of men aren’t like this, you’re correct. Women don’t want to be approached. Feminism has removed men’s ability to learn how to interact with women and this men are getting worse and worse at dating and finding love. The feminists are making sure only the top 1% of men are able to be successful with women. I feel like biology is trying to return us to the animal kingdom where only the top 1% of males are able to reproduce. I know it’s a crazy idea but Jesus I feel like it’s true.

• First, go what is your works policy. Is it okay for coworkers to date. If not, do not even think about it or else one of you will have to quit that job. It is never professional to ask out a coworker in a professional setting or just the fact their your coworker. It distracts you from WORK. ALSO if you are not friends with this coworker, I highly suggest you do not try to ask her out without getting to truly know her and what she is about.

0|0
    0|2
    • There is no policy about that we are an extreamly small company with very lax rules, and she isn’t my co worker she just works for my company’s client

• Show All
    • @emmily2396 They still have the rules you agreed to when you signed the papers at signing. They are entitled to do what they want by law as long as your name is signed when you become their employee. Maybe read that before you say what your rights are? If you want to break your work's policies, that's on you. But your employer DO have a say if somebody reports it and how it's bothering them.

• "The others CAN'T BE AFFECTED if you treat everyone equally." Yeah, in a perfect world. That is not what happens here in AMERICA.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• YOU DON'T.

1|4
    1|3
  • Dont do it. Too risky.

2|1
    0|0
  • Ask her if she's interested going on a date. If she says no, tell her you respect that and say something kind (not about her appearance- maybe tell her it was worth a shot because she seems interesting) and leave it there.

I think it's great you are asking for advice to not make her uncomfortable. It's bullshit people think its impossible to date or flirt anymore. Just be respectful, kind and open to rejection.

2|2
    0|1
    • Flirting is a sin now. I believe this has been caused by feminism. Men and women are being divided so much and our understanding and love for eachother is being destroyed. I’m really sad for the way things are right now.

• Show All
    • Feminism has removed mens ability to learn how to interact with women. That is what I am saying. I lived my entire life doing HORRIBLY with women. I grew up with a really shitty life, I had no friends until I was about 20 (maybe you're juding me as a bad person for that but I had no friends because my mother didn't allow us to shower or wash our clothes so I was a smelly disguting fuck for the first 18 years of my life, and then it took another 15 just to learn the social skills I never got the opportunity to learn.)

These days now I know its easy to interact with women. It really is, I just be myself, I am fun and playful and I smile endlessely. I do great with women now. But I had to suffer, oh boy did I have to suffer for many years before I got to this point. Many men are like me an we are suffering so much honey you don't even know. Your reply to me makes me feel like you're upset, you want to put the blame on me, you want to be sure that somehow I am a bad person or something. Most men? We aren't bad people. We love women, we want to love women, we want to fall in love and marry and have kids with you. But these things feel like they are dissappearing especially because many men have been taught their entire lives that they sexual monsters. We men are horrible pigs who use women and we should be ashamed. That's not true and if you believe it you are part of the feminist "agenda" (I won't call it an agenda I think all of this is simply a result of feminism and they didn't do this on purpose.)

We men love y'all. And you just don't see it. we are suffering and struggling to understand you so you'll love us back. I know you don't care. they say women can't even love men I don't know if that's true but sometimes it feels like its true. You don't love us. You couldn't give a shit less.

• @Kaazsz I'm a feminist. Every man I've dated or had a sexual relationship, I met in real life. Meaning they approached me respectfully, and showed interest in me. I'm from Canada so maybe Canadian men are more respectful and Canadian women are more laid back. Who knows. All I know is I love men and I've been so blessed to have known the best kind of men. I'm friends with all my exs expect 1. If you can't approach or flirt I think it's a bold and ridiculous statement to blame a social moment based on equity. Good luck to you in dealing with your past, but dont blame women for your problems.

• it's never professional to ask someone out in a professional atmosphere. It's better do try and ask them out when your both away from work and being professional

1|0
    0|0
    • I’d never see her in any other setting outside of work

• I've used this one:
    "Hey, how's it going? Cool. Hey so do you like (some kind of food/drink/activity that you like)? Well I was thinking we could go do that sometime."
    It's real easy and non-harassy. I've used it multiple times. Obviously you can't repeatedly ask her if she says no though.

1|1
    0|0
  • Unless you want your ass in jail you better watch it.

Americans are crazy, so I don't know your systems there.

However, if you're getting on well, and feeling a vibe, then broach the issue subtly, 'maybe you fancy doing something', or 'I'm seeing a band this weekend', etc. Stops you getting your 'ass sued' by committing too much off the bat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do it outside of work. Like when you're on a break, or having lunch, when work is over. I am totally fine with the idea of dating a co-worker. I'm finally with dating any adult as long as he is good for me actually 😂✌️ but yeah. She might not feel the same as you so be open to rejection.

But do you fear that she might react too heavily and do something against you that could ruin your work? I know some women like to get overboard like that.

0|0
    0|1
    • U have a boyfriend

• Yeah I do. I just said that I am open to dating any guy as long as he is nice. If I wasn't then I wouldn't be dating him today because he's Arab and Arabs aren't my most favorite for dating (but now he is xD).

• It doesn't hurt to built relationship by asking what does she do after work for fun. Perhaps ask what her favorite go to sports events are and if they are same as yours go ahead invite her to ticket game on the house. So nice attitude. Not straight up asking if she is interested.

1|0
    0|0
  • 😂

“... but I don’t know if it’s professional to ask for her... one of our biggest clients, so should I ask... or just ignore it?”

you intuition knows the right answer (don’t) but your dick (doesn’t)☝️

1|0
    0|0
  • Just ask!

Of course avoid being creepy or too demanding. And tell her you understand if she would rather not mix life and work!

0|0
    0|1
  • I'd advise against it. Never screw with your crew. Can end badly and could also land in a harassment case. If you are rejected, your workplace will be awkward AF

0|0
    0|0
  • "Hey baby I'd like to check the viscosity of your lubercating properties, let go out this Friday and I'll drill a test well".

1|1
    0|0
  • I've been disciplined at the workplace simply for asking for a girl's number... so I don't recommend it. There's plenty of gals out there!

0|1
    0|0
  • she's an attendant? Isn't that a very low position? I doubt its that big a deal to ask her out. You don't even work for the same company.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don’t. Wait till you have only 1 month left on the job. Then it’s OK. Also co-workers are more receptive then

0|0
    0|0
  • You should be fine because you don’t work for the same company, and as long as you don’t sit there and broadcasted at work, you should be just fine

0|0
    0|0
  • Go ahead. "Can I take your to dinner sometime?" If she declines then be polite and don't ask again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I am positive most big time girls like them wouldn't mind a cup of coffee from time to time just ask her if she wants to go

0|0
    0|0
  • Yoi shouldn't be asking anyone out in a "professional " atmosphere. Keyword professional

1|0
    0|3
  • Just ask her to grab lunch or coffee be casual and if she happily accepts, just go with the flow from their.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol why is everybody freaking out about this? Yeah there obviously are people who don't want to mix work and private life but how would you know if that girl is one of them without asking her? I don't get why all the girls are making such a big deal out of this, if she's not interested she'll tell you as long as she isn't a little shy girl that's too afraid to reject, which I highly doubt? I think it's not inappropriate you just have to ask her out or ask her if she is even interested in sth like that in a proper way. Maybe she's even interested in you but she doesn't want to make the first move, just shoot your shot but don't do it in a creepy or too cheesy way and definitely don't be persistent. If she says no say that you respect that and don't make a huge deal out of it. Who knows it could work out for you but also be prepared for rejection

0|2
    0|1
    • Ohh I might have to add that situations like this in Germany are common and people are not as stuck up, so I don't know if it's any different in America, because quite frankly the comments make me think that...

• I agree with everything you’ve said! People in the US are crazy. Our male and female relationship is fucked up here.

• I think y'all take the whole feminism situation to the next level. In the beginning when I first joined GaG I was really confused why men and even some women called the feminist community "feminazis" but I actually get it now. I don't want to brag about Germans or sth like that but I think feminism has a muuuch better reputation in Germany than the US just because we don't exaggerate everything, like in this case no German woman would tell you to "not approach a lady at work or at the gym or else she'll feel threatened and file a harrassment report against you" NEVER😂

• Just say hey i want to talk to you outside of work. Whats your phone number?

0|0
    0|0
  • M’lady I noticed thou single, yes? May I take you out?

0|1
    1|0
  • Go to the gas station in your free time and ask her out then.

0|0
    0|0
  • my nice mechanical engineering job with salary and paid benefits... or this cute girl...

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't do it man. You are gonna get a sexual harassment case in your hands.

0|0
    0|1
  • You don’t

1|1
    1|2
  • “Let me take you out and fuck you good”

1|3
    3|3
  • Just ask if she like to go for coffee.

0|1
    0|1
    • If she does not want to spend time with you to even grab a coffee or lunch then take it as a no

• You don’t, wait til one of u doesn’t work there

0|0
    0|0
  • just don't, she'll probably sue or something

0|0
    0|0
  • Don’t shit where you eat

0|0
    0|0
  • Very carefully.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't shit where you eat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just grab her by the pussy

0|0
    0|1
  • Creepy bro

0|0
    0|0
  • FIrst, you should check what your companies guidelines are for asking someone on a date that works for a client while you are on duty. Chances are you aren't allowed and it probably says something like its possibly grounds for dismissal.

Maybe its ok off duty, out of whatever uniform you have I don't know. After that, just ask to meet her for a coffee.

0|0
    0|0
  • After reading all these answers, we are hindering ourselves from dating and social interaction in the real world. The only thing left is online which is not working out.

0|1
    0|0
  • This is tough. Especially nowadays with all this metoo bullshit. She might like you too and is waiting/hoping you will make a move.

I would just talk to her as much as possible and build rapport until she is comfortable with you.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’d continue to flirt with her over a long period of time.

Test the waters, find out if she is single in a subtle way. I wouldn’t cold turkey ask her out, as it will then be super awkward for both going forward.
    At least if you’ve built a friendship and rapport with her, then you can ascertain the likelihood of her interest.
    ... And even if you do read the signals wrong and ask her out and she says “no” - you are least can still be civil when you see her in professional situations going forward. Good luck!

0|2
    0|0
  • "Wanna go out"

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't listen to "get to know her" and "be friends" that's utter rubbish and will just lead you to the friendzone. Just be straight to the point, try setting a definite date, that way you'll know where you stand either way.

0|1
    0|0
  • You better won't if you're not privileged enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • wouldn't risk it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes