Are you happy with your effort even if you get rejected?

2|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Not at all. I'm pleased with not having to think about those feelings, but I'm very displeased with going out of my way to express those feelings in the first place.
    The effort just reminds me of how unfortunate/unlucky I am when it comes to dating. It very well could be my own energy that causes it though.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, because it helps make rejection less of a fear, especially when it comes to approaching and talking to beautiful women. Not as fussy about it and it shows you had the balls to try.

0|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• There's only so much you can do... I definitely give my all. I don't know how much more I can do (within the given situation) so if someone still doesn't want me, then fair enough. I'll go find someone better who does want to value and reciprocate my efforts

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I always give my best so their loss not mine if my best wasn't good enough...

3|2
    0|0
  • I haven't been rejected yet, not that it won't happen in the future.
    The relationships that ended ( 2 ) were mainly due to things out of my control, agreed by both of us.
    I think no matter what I'd give it my best effort, if I didn't plan on giving it my best effort I wouldn't bother at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • Last year i was dating someone for couple of months. It came after a bad break up and other stuff. She was a nice woman, came with baggage but at time i was happy to see where it would go. She pulled the plug.
    Ultimately it would have been a long difficult journey, probably wouldn't have lasted. I take the positives.

0|1
    0|0
  • If it didn't work it didn't work. No reason to cry over spilled milk. When I was last rejected I took it very well. I even kept talking to her. If she doesn't want me fine I will find someone who does.

0|2
    0|0
  • Don’t need to approach anyone everyone approaches me lol and I do the rejecting

0|1
    3|0
  • Noooo no lets be honest most people after they get rejected feel terrible and me personally i am thinking how could you be so stupid to do that that they could like you or something and feeled with don't you ever do that again.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course not? What kind of question is this. Imagine putting shit ton of effort into something and then all of it going tp waste. It almost makes u quit doing that thing again.

0|1
    1|1
  • If I think I handled it well and presented myself at my best, yes.
    After all, I can't reasonably expect for everyone to like me.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Not a bit. Working hard to fail hurts my already dainty ego.

0|1
    0|0
  • Rejection always hurts... It's probably because people do not have a set criteria for why they reject or accept a person...
    Some people only find a certain spark until they propose the other person or accept their proposal! In the other case if there's no magical attraction between the two they simply give a rejection.
    On the other hand i've seen people who accept a proposal based on the fact that the other person has everything they could get in a gould partner like beauty, respected job, noble status, etc... So they simply accept.
    The MAIN REASON to this explanation is, we never know what is in the other person's mind so we can get rejected or accepted and it's always a BIG risk. :/ And yes I guess it HURTS EVERYONE!

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on how much is salvageable to either improve my work, or to apply towards a more correct work.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.
    I am a pretty introverted person, so putting myself out there like that is an accomplishment in of itself lol. Even when rejected.

1|1
    0|0
  • I know rejection is a part of the game so I'm ok with it

0|2
    0|0
  • Rejection sucks and hurts a lot. But if he doesn’t want me what can I do? Time to move on...

0|1
    0|0
  • Effort is important and I would feel glad I had courage but I would question if I did something wrong.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, but my attitude is always like "well, at least now I know." I can't feel stupid or silly if I tried to make my interest known.

0|1
    0|0
  • Always. Exposure is the key to acceptance, and there are billions of people on Earth.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would not put in the effort if I was not satisfied with it. I tried. That's the most I can do, since I can't force them ti say yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont flirt with women unless they flirt with me first because from experience it is a waste of time.

0|1
    0|0
    • 7d

Not really. Most women want the guy to flirt with them first

• Show All
    • 7d

Oh I usually make a small eye contact but I always look angry so that doesn't count lol

• 6d

@imanf7 haha that sounds like bad flirting although i do the same 😅

• No fuck whores. They could be the ugliest pile of craps, and they can be looking for a guy outta they're League

0|1
    0|0
  • Effort toward what goal?
    Your question requires more information

0|1
    0|0
  • Not always, but I don't get much of a chance. Lol. All I have talked to live far away.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm sick and tired of it now, I've been rejected too many times.
    So I don't even try anymore

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. If I get rejected, I feel like I wasted my time.

0|1
    0|0
  • There have been times I could have put in more effort but once rejected I am over it anyway.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I can be happy I tried. If I don't I'll think about it forever

0|1
    0|0
  • lol At least I would have Tried... xx

0|2
    0|0
  • Sometimes. Other times I act foolish.

0|1
    0|0
  • It makes me feel stupid

2|2
    0|0
  • Normally yes. This time, no.

0|1
    0|0
  • Eh, their loss. Move on.

1|2
    0|0
  • Sometimes my effort just flat out sucks.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on my mental state when I ask someone out.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I just feel like I'm super ugly

0|1
    0|0
  • No, failure isn't fun

0|1
    0|0
  • realisticly, no. but i know i should be :/

0|1
    0|0
  • I always get rejected

1|1
    0|0
    • 7d

One has to ask why?
      You are a good-looking woman.
      The reason why I pretend to not notice female advances is that I cannot afford to take the 75 per cent risk (second marriage divorce rate) of being destroyed in the Family Court.
      Also, today’s consensual sex is tomorrow’s false rape or @MeToo allegation.
      Women have made themselves too damned dangerous for us to speak to them.

• Show All
    • 7d

@Songsaboutroses
      Before you changed the pix, your profile had a pix of an attractive woman.

• 7d

Nothing to add

• sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|1
    0|0
  • i don't put effort in, so yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.

I told the last woman I was getting to know that how you see me in dating is basically me living by the example as if we were actually together. But, with some of the strong feelings toned down, for obvious reasons. She respected and went along with it.

However, I wasn't aware of what was going on with her up until she rejected me before our actual date. She flaked and then dropped the truth on me. She's anorexic (I suspected it though) and her mental illness basically got in her way. She turned me down because she didn't want me to feel like I was taking care of her. Also she's dealing with personal stuff with an ex husband and her daughter.

Looking back (about two weeks now), it all made sense. I even offered to end it at first one week before we decided to go out. That was the same night I went to her place and we talked all night. I knew she had some serious issues, but I knew her for 4 years and wanted to get to know her more. She wouldn't have it though.

Oh well. What can you do? I just know that I found a lot of her habits really endearing, even a little frustrating. I made sure she knew that they bothered me, but with me I tend to turn the bad into good by joking and that always worked with her. At least she told me it did...

But, whatever. I'll keep pressing on and I won't give up. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I get hurt and embarrassed, that I took a risk and went out of my comfort to express to a guy how I feel about him, only to get hurt. That taking another risk with a different person is 10x more scary.

2|1
    0|0
  • If it's just some random girl then yes, I'd remind myself that it's still self improvement even if you get rejected

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes