Are you more likely to mistake friendliness for flirting or the opposite?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Unless they straight up tell me they find me attractive i just assume they are being friendly. can't tell you how many hot women I've rejected this way only to kick myself later when i realize lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I would mistake flirting for friendliness because its hard to tell what a woman's intentions are

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Definitely assume everyone is just being friendly with me lol. I've never actually sensed anyone flirting with me. I have no idea if anyone has ever flirted with me

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well it’s sometimes hard for me to tell. I’m dense I think. A 10 minutes hug that ends up with his hand on my back skin under my shirt... his head near my neck inhaling my perfume... and he calls me his best friend. Do understand that shit now! So confusing.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, i mistake them a lot, i usually am convinced that all men flirt with me, and i honestly hate this feeling i seem to overenalyze their body language, locking eyes and licking lips while talking and stuff like that...

1|1
    0|0
  • Probably both, but most of the time I assume it's just a woman being polite or friendly. Too easy to misconstrue flirtatious signs for friendly behavior these days unless the woman makes it very obvious

0|1
    0|0
  • There was this one girl working at the gym a while back and she tracked me down, wished me a happy birthday, smiled widely, cocked her head to the side, flipped her hair, and took off. After i thanked her, I was like "awww that was nice of her".

If that isn't mistaking flirtatiousness as friendliness, I don't know what is.

0|1
    0|0
  • I take signs seriously. If they are too much giving attention and flirting... Then yes they are not being friendly but are interested

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's good to assume that if someone is friendly, IT COULD BE flirting. That doesn't mean you have to invest in it and make it a big deal. But what if someone actually is flirting with you that you might like and nothing ever happens because you never explore it?

My answer: Probably harder to tell someone I love them. Turning someone down is hard, but emotionally it's harder on them than me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I never catch flirting and always assume it's just somebody being nice

1|1
    0|0
  • Friendliness for flirting. If the guy holds the door open for me I'm like, "Omg he likes me 😶" lol I know he's just being nice but sometimes I wonder

1|2
    0|0
    • 2d

If I hold the door for you it’s automatic I think it’s just common courtesy. But don’t get me wrong, if I’m attracted to her I might start acting awkward that’s how you know I like you. That’s just me tho lol I don’t know what happens in other guy’s’ head.

• Show All
    • 2d

Maybe I am I’m not sure. I mean I will hold doors for everyone. I just do it the same for men and women. I’m ok to help a woman with something heavy or high up. I don’t know I like to help.

I also like to get a woman’s help with delicate tasks. I get my female co-workers to help me all the time with things that require delicate fingers. It makes me care for them in a way. And they ask me for help with heavy stuff and high up stuff.

Not sure where I’m going with this. Thanks for the replies I should try and forget about that feminist mentality, cuz it’s ok to help and to get help. :)

• 2d

@Kaazsz that's adorable that you want women's help for delicate tasks. I hope I meet a guy with your mentality one day, it's nice. I'm glad I helped in some way lol and definitely feminism has destroyed a lot of the good things out there. Good luck to you :)

• I have flirted and being too friendly and had no interest. I leanred to not do that.

0|1
    0|0
  • The opposite, I'm more likely to see flirting as friendliness. I don't really look for signs or anything and just assume it is friendliness.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe at one point but once I actually started dating it became very obvious.

0|2
    0|0
  • Its usually the other way around but I've taken kindness for flirting a couple times sadly lol

1|1
    0|0
  • I pretty much assume everything to be friendliness.

0|1
    0|0
  • Mistakes flirting for friendliness.
    I'm good at flirting with people but oblivious when I receive it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Usually I take being friendly as something more, and it's a pain in the ass

0|1
    0|0
  • the opposite, but when i look back at some of those times i realize my stupidity.

0|1
    0|0
  • I made the first mistake now I’m very likely to make the second one if I haven’t done so already.

0|1
    0|0
  • I assume anyone that is flirting with me is just friendly. I wouldn't say its a mistake though since I haven't been proven wrong yet...

0|1
    0|0
  • I always mistake flirting for friendliness, I never know if someone's flirting with me cause I'm pretty bad at flirting and I'm also super dense.

0|1
    0|0
  • The opposite. I make a point never to assume they are flirting unless it's spelled out, in case I do mistake it for that when it isn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say its quite easy to mistake the 2 i often do.

0|1
    0|0
  • both and i hate it

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope I can sense intent

0|1
    0|0
  • The opposite.

0|1
    0|0
  • Flirting for friendliness.

0|1
    0|0
  • YES! Story of my life

0|1
    0|0
  • Opposite.

0|1
    0|0
  • i never mistake one for another

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes..

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I'm just too hot.

0|1
    0|0
  • I can never tell the difference.

0|1
    0|0
  • I assume they’re just being friendly. I think my reflex tells me they are flirting but I will always dismiss it and assume they are just being friendly unless they do something overt. I’m not going to notice “signals”

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes