Should a guy hold back on the compliments in the 'getting to know you' phase?

Are all compliments just weird? What if I genuinely thought your eyes were gorgeous?
Should I just avoid saying it because it's now considered corny?

1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I think IF the compliments are genuine and you are not giving them quid pro quo- then there’s no such thing as too Much.

What really is bad is when you avoid saying nice things, so as not to come off desperate

Even if someone has heard compliments from other people YOU are not other people. If she likes you she will like it. If not you lost nothing by being yourself. It’s hard to give compliments so if you can do it all the more power to you 😊😊

0|2
    0|0
    • 3d

It's safe to say that complements don't roll off my tongue just for the heck of it. A conversation with a female friend inspired the question.

• Show All
    • 2d

That's a relief, Had me a little stumped there for a second. Haha

• 2d

😊😊😊

• Of course not! Almost all compliments (at least in my eyes) are taken as just being friendly and are generally nice to get! Try to avoid them being too detailed or anything though, but that's kinda obvious hah.

0|2
    0|0
  • You should say any compliments you want. Any type of compliment is good.

1|1
    0|0
  • Always complement someone if you feel they deserve it!

1|2
    0|0
  • No. He should go all out letting her know who he is and what he appreciates.

1|2
    0|0
  • No. Never hold off on compliments.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, cause that's gay.

0|0
    0|1
    • 3d

Let me get this right, you're saying that it is gay for a guy to compliment a girl?

• Show All
    • 3d

Single I take it?

• 3d

Nah, I have 72 virgin wives.

Recommended myTakes