Is my new friend interested or is it just me?

I recently moved to a new city and haven't had luck making friends, but I lucked out and met a guy I instantly clicked with. Having guys for friends is the norm for me so I never really thought much about it.

But as we got closer, he's said/done some stuff that kinda made me wonder if he's interested in more. Not that I mind, I think he's awesome and would be happy to date him. But I also don't want to make our friendship weird if I'm imagining things.

He makes time to be with just me, he could be hanging out online with his friends and he will stop to do something with only me, even just to chat.

We message each other for hours every day, until 2 or 3 in the morning. He said I was different than his other friends, he didn't know what he did to deserve me (and when I mentioned someone being mean to me that they didn't deserve to know me), and he's extremely shy but he felt like he could open up to me almost instantly when we first met.

When I invited him to my place and we were hanging out with my neighbor (a guy), he was too nervous to look at me for more than a quick moment but could talk to him normally. And when he was leaving he hesitated while staring at me, like he wanted something, but hurried out.

I really started to wonder when we were talking the other day, I told him I had come down with something and later on in the conversation said I'd love to hang out this week but I didn't think he wanted what I had, and he asked, "What do you mean by that?" I said it's because I'm sick, remember and he kinda laughed and waved it off as him being silly and forgetful.

What do you guys think? Is he into me?

10