Do I intentionally get a guys number from my friend and flirt with him?

I am a freshman and I like this sophomore guy. The thing is, at the beginning of the year, he asked me out for attention. He has stopped doing that and has started staring at me. He is a really great guy though. I think he actually does like me because when he sees me in public, or even my family, he'll say hello, and his friends will look at him like he is crazy. I was scrolling through my friend's phone the other day and saw his name. That's when I started this game to exchange contacts. I am hoping to get his. On Monday, I think I am going to play the game one last time and get his number. I have an iCloud number so he would know it's me. I would know it's him, but maybe pretend I didn't and play 20 questions with him to see if he is interested. Do I make the leap and get his number from her? It could end up badly, but do I try it?

12