I have been playing guitar for about 10 years. How do I use this to my advantage?

As my title alludes to, I've been playing guitar for a while. It is a pretty significant part of who I am and feels like an extension of my body when it is strapped on to me. To be more specific, I play a fender stratocaster electric guitar. I also own a fender acoustic guitar, but I rarely play it because of the ergonomics and tonal versatility of my strat.

Also, my guitar is the closest thing I have ever had to a girlfriend, and I want that to change, so how can I use my guitar to help change it? Any comments would be appreciated but I'll have a poll on here as well to simplify things if preferred.

Pictured is what my fender stratocaster looks like from one angle. It has gotten some dings over the years, so that might not be shown from this angle. I have been playing guitar for about 10 years. How do I use this to my advantage?
  • Show a girl you like an original song (all of my original songs are instrumentals, if that impacts anything, but I have some software instruments from garageband in addition to guitar)
    Vote A
  • Play Mr. Brightside by the Killers (this riff is actually not that intuitive. I only just learned how to play the riff)
    Vote B
  • Play some other popular guitar riff that you know (please specify in comments. Maybe some new songs to learn if I dont know them already)
    Vote C
  • You will be more attractive to girls if you learn how to sing
    Vote D
  • Just don't make any mention of your guitar, then bring it some day and blow people away with basically anything
    Vote E
  • Electric guitars dont attract girls. Play acoustic more
    Vote F
  • Guitars dont attract girls. Guitar players are automatic rejects
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I love the guitar.. I think its hard to answer this cause every girl likes different types of music.. I think it be best if you found the girl you want and found out her favorite song and learned that and played it for her!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Like your Fender... very sexy!! I’m the contrary of you, I’m a pianist and been playing for 25 years now. I never mention it. When they hear me play the guys get impressed and they put me on a pedestal straight away. I hate that. I want them to like who I am deep down first, there’s so much more than my piano skills.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you know a guy who plays guitar who is also successful with women? Hang out around him and see what he does. Ask him for a few tips. It’s not about the guitar. It’s about your personality or the fact that you’re just not putting yourself out there enough

0|0
    0|0
  • Just no Stairway to heaven..!

0|0
    0|0
  • Play and be sexy on stage, which takes confidence. Fake it if you don’t have it. Learn to sing. Find out which bands turn women on and which ones don’t when choosing songs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nice guitar. Id say your best bet out of anything in the poll is the first option honestly.

0|0
    0|0
  • If there is a specific girl, find out her favorite song, learn it, and play it for her someday :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes