What does someone have to do to get you to take their flirting seriously?

Assuming you are single, of course.

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Actually be good at it. You have any idea how many women think they're flirting and say the guy is clueless because he didn't notice? Wrong. It's because they're really not good at it. When you're a truly good flirt the opposite sex is definitely gonna notice.

Chicks ALWAYS know when I'm flirting and being more than friendly, because I put it out there like that when I want to, for who I want. If women want me to take them seriously when they flirt then they gotta step up their game.

1|3
    0|0
    • Ahahah. I’m bad at flirting, guys can’t tell. 🙊Probably why I’m single. I’ll work on it.

• @Believe20 Trick is to be a little direct by saying something feisty about their body or the way they do something, how they walk, etc. Not so direct that it comes off as straight sexual advances but direct enough that they know you're throwing a hint.

• Take it seriously as in, to understand they're hitting on me? Or getting me to take action on it?

1|1
    0|0
    • Usually the type of flirtation and look in their eye indicates the seriousness. If there's a light sexual nature to it. To actually get me to take action on it, assuming I'm already physically attracted to her it wouldn't take much. Minimum I would say is investing back into the banter with me.

If she says something flirtatious, I respond flirtatiously and she continues the conversation or has a visual positive response and stays in place hoping I continue. Then I will continue.

The last girl I spoke with she came up to me at the barside and started bouncing/dancing next to me as she looked me in the eye. Pretty obvious. I say, *smile* "you're feelin yourself tonight". She smiled, then spoke in my ear her response. That was enough.

Most Helpful Girls

• Demonstrate that you’re interested by complimenting me or asking for my number. From there on, try to get to know me. I’m not much for small talk, but I like goofing around. Make me think, make me laugh, and make me want to get to know you.

0|1
    0|0
    • You have to make me want you, whilst demonstrating the same towards me. Overall just take initiative. Be confident and don’t try too hard. If it’s a good fit, it’ll be nearly effortless. If it isn’t, there’ll be a struggle to keep me interested.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well if it drags on then it's most likely not serious. Serious flirting usually lasts short. The next step is asking them out or confessing. When I flirt with a guy I like, I'll just either stop and give up if he doesn't reciprocate or doesn't get the point. Or I'll just ask him out. I'm actually not a fan of flirting with people I'm actually interested in. I usually just flirt with my guy friends.

0|2
    0|0
    • Wait that doesn't make sense. Shouldn't you flirt with the people you are interested in. Cause flirting with people just for the sake of it is kinda bad.

• They would have to actually tell me they were flirting as I won't notice, I would just think they were being nice and wouldn't consider the possibility that someone was flirting with me...

2|3
    0|1
  • Don't compliment me on superficial stuff, like how I look. Compliment me on my grades or my hobbies, or ask me about things I have told you I care about. That shows me you bothered to remember, which is actually quite rare.

0|4
    0|0
    • How would they know all that if they just met you

• Show All
    • @MarkTheory @Jake1415

Yeah they do. When I was single and me and my friends went to nightclubs on the pull, we'd see girls and say to each other "mmm she looks like she got good grades in school"... "Damn that girl looks like she's got some very interesting hobbies"...

I think she's talking about the boys in school though to be fair. Bit of a difference between that and girls you just approached as an adult.

• @englisc I meant the asker/anwerers. the asker never specified if she meant if we meet them

• Show that they mean what they say, if they translate into actions.

For example - my female friends jokingly flirts with me, say compliments and flattering words, we drink something in company and it ends there.
    My girlfriend flirted with me, in more low key and "soft" manner. And then she throws in she'd like to come to my home to eat dinner, or have me at her house for a coffee and watch a movie, or go out on a walk together.
    That's the difference.

1|1
    0|0
  • Be in reasonable shape, don't be drunk, or walk up to me advertising the fact you just broke up with your boyfriend before even introducing yourself. Basically don't come across like a desperate weirdo.

I heard something once that basically said, attraction is more about avoiding weird behaviours than trying to show your best qualities.

1|1
    0|0
  • He has to be a guy I already know who can plausibly say he knows enough about me to want to date me. I won’t take him seriously if he’s just a random guy who sees me on the street, thinks I’m pretty, and starts flirting with me.

0|1
    0|1
  • Back it up with their actions like accepting date offers and a compliment that seems legitimate regarding character as opposed to something visually appealing (even though those are flattering, I don't take those seriously)

0|1
    0|0
  • If they are good at flirting... I had a guy who would try to flirt with me and I found it so cringy I couldn’t handle it. It just made me feel uncomfortable. But then I had this other guy who would flirt with me and it would feel more natural not forced. I feel like overall it also depends how attracted you are to them.

1|2
    0|0
  • Flirting is always fun, it can get serious too. If a guy makes eye contact a lot and smiles I know it's getting more serious, if he touches my arm or puts his hand on my back it's getting serious.

1|1
    0|0
    • Your ass is nice, but it would be better to see your face with a smile.

• Nothing they can do. It's me... I have to have some sort of attraction towards them to encourage a reaction from me in the first place. If I have none, she could press her bare tits against me and get no more than an incredulous, "what do you want?" I kind of had something like this happen a few weeks back. Damn woman followed me everywhere I moved.

0|1
    0|0
  • I probably wouldn't believe them even if they told me they liked me so they would have gain my trust. If they confide in me, try to talk to me as much as they can, they're open with me, etc then I'll get the sense that they like me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Mostly ignore it if she isn't approaching are straight forward in a direct way and make it happen.

Got to much hitting around the bushes most off my life, to much wozzing around.

1|1
    0|0
  • Has to go a bit further than flirting and has to be pretty straightforward. Flirting can be a way of social interaction. It takes a bit more to take it seriously.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think is important that they show good intentions, interest in getting to know me and seriousness.

1|1
    0|0
  • You got to make it obvious simple to the point when flirting because guys can just be dumb and not notice things like that

1|1
    0|0
  • Get to know me.

And it also depends on his character. What kind of person is he.

0|3
    0|0
  • Pursue me actively- not just flirt like they're bored.

1|1
    0|0
  • If a woman flirts with me I immediately take it seriously because she's going to want a satisfying answer from me in one way or another.

0|1
    0|0
  • Stop flirting, and make some concrete suggestions. If I'm flirting back, it means I'm interested, it's up to them, then.

1|1
    0|0
  • Not much, I just have to be interested in them romantically to take their flirting seriously.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well it's weird because most women I know don't usually flirt, and even though I am pretty aware of when they are doing it, I usually don't pay much attention to it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Talking about deep stuff and seeming like their paying most of their attention to me

0|1
    0|0
  • The one I'm currently dealing with, make it clear they are single.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's usually pretty obvious when someone wants to actually pursue me, but it's very context dependent so I can't give a catch-all answer here.

0|1
    0|0
  • Be really blunt about it. I don't know why anyone think they have to do hint flirting, just be honest

0|1
    0|0
  • Nothing. Basically all women like to tease guys so i just asdume all are teasing all the time.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've had strong cone jobs the nicest 1s are just starting out. with a great conversation no sexaul over tone involed

0|1
    0|0
  • ... actually be genuine about it lol. For me it's always been obvious who is worth taking seriously and who isn't

0|1
    0|0
  • To actually Just come up and kiss me like they did a lot in school

0|1
    0|0
  • To some flirting doesn't work, it comes across as a joke more than trying to flatter her...

0|1
    0|0
  • What do u mean seriously, are u getting friend zoned 😓

0|1
    0|0
  • If they continue to look at me smiling at me everytime they see me even if they don’t know me

0|1
    0|0
  • Hot appearance, good personality and financial stability

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know, confident eye contact, blushing face and smart moves i guess,

0|1
    0|0
  • She needs to playfully touch me, for me to not mistake her just for being nice

1|0
    0|0
  • Well they would have to be sincere or I'll just take it as a game and so I'll just play a long with it

0|0
    0|0
  • be caring and protective rather than playful

1|1
    0|1
  • They truly learn about who I am, how I think.

0|2
    0|0
  • Action I believe action is the key.

2|2
    0|0
  • Say they are serious

0|1
    0|0
  • Touch me, give me kiss.

1|1
    0|0
  • Talk about something deep as I hate small talk

1|1
    0|0
  • She just has to ask me out.

1|1
    0|0
  • They should say more deep stuff

0|2
    1|0
  • If I like them, Ill take them seriously.

1|1
    0|0
  • Intellectually impress me or put a gun to my head

1|1
    0|0
  • I never take a woman's flirting seriously.

0|1
    0|0
  • take their shirt off and show off their muscles

0|1
    1|0
  • Look me in the eye

0|1
    0|0
  • Make it INCREDIBLY obvious she wants me!!

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes