I asked my 2 female friends about how can I find a girlfriend and they said this (read a little )?

They said everything besides how can I have a girl
They said be it if they don't like your looks
Keep yourself busy in books , movies , music etc
ii hope you get one
I will pray you get one

Does it mean they don't want to get my hopes high?
  • They somehow think I will not be able to get a girl
  • They said what they thought
  • They don't want hopes to get high
    Vote C
  • Others
    Vote D

112

Most Helpful Guy

• never let a fish teach a fisherman how to be a fisherman

111
  • They mean you should be interesting and have good job prospects instead of trying to rely on looks. I advise guys the same.

• They said what they thought

• The best way to ensure you will not get a girlfriend is hanging around female friends.

• Rule number 1 never ask a girl about getting with a girl.
    Rule number 2 Girls will lie when you ask that stuff because if they told you any guy who's being fake can use that to get with them for sex.

• Not sure what they mean, but the easiest way is to ask girls out. eventually you will click with one who says yes.

• Many girls HATE being wrong. Now, if they told you, "Here's how to get a girl.." and then you tried it on them, and they didn't fall for you, they're now trapped between being wrong, or going out with you even if they didn't like you.

Now for some actual advice... many will say "Just be yourself, and eventually you'll find the right person." That's a load of bull. A much better answer is, "Become the best version of yourself that you can be, and then they will be drawn to you." Self improvement and gaining confidence in yourself is key.

• Dude it seems like they want you to change in a way with the books all that. Imma say this don’t change for nobody. The right will surely come.

• In a round about way, yes, they did say not to get your hopes up.

• Voted for A cause I think they would not be able to get a girlfriend at all!

• They said what they thought but they have no idea.

• In most cases, asking women how to get girls is like asking a fish for fishing advice. Women don't pick up other women, and they aren't thinking coolly and logically about how they get picked up. They don't know how to advise you. Also, women are socialized to focus more on giving emotional support rather than advice. So when you ask most women how to get a girlfriend, they will tell you, indirectly, that you're a great guy. Not actual advice that would be useful. To the extent they do give advice, it tends to describe 'how they'd like a guy they are already attracted to to behave to make them feel flattered and good'

Now, #NotAllWomen and that really does apply here.

Most men who have some actual dating experience will give you better advice.

As for the 'not all women', there are some women who are very self-aware about what actually works on them, and can and will give you actual advice. Advice from those women is gold. It is indeed like finding a … talking fish who can give you fishing tips. So if you find a woman like that, hey, you're in look. But don't count on it.

• They don't have a damn clue. Stop asking women and find a brutally honest man who's popular with the ladies. Ask him and tell him not to hold back