A guy gave me a nickname and I told him how I feel but he didn’t deny anything, should I keep fighting for him or give up on him?

So the guy I like gave me a nickname, Suh, and no other girl that he is friends with has a nickname. So I ended up telling him that I like him, but he told me that he needs to focus on his school work, but he is down to being friends and I said sure. He never said to me that I don’t like u, but I think his father is pressuring him to focus on school because I have seen his father a few times and he seems to be very serious. I still really like and I don’t want to be just friends, so I think I should keep fighting for him because he teases me a lot, we share eye contact a lot, and the nickname. He is the sweetest, funniest, smartest guy I could ever meet. And I feel that I should get to know him more and then maybe ask him to a Sadie’s dance if my school has one next year. What do you think?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going to be honest, since no one is worth obsessing over. It's taken me a few years to learn this, but in my experience, when a guy is interested enough in you to want to date, it becomes obvious eventually. If you are scratching your head wondering if he likes you, reading into every little thing (like a nickname), and always have to initiate convos or meetings without him reciprocating that effort, there's a reason. Look at his actions. People go out of their way to find reasons to meet up and talk to a person they like, it's just human nature (and what you're doing). If you don't notice him doing these things back, then you have your answer. To be honest so far it seems like he's only given you reasons why he can't date you, and you are only seeing reasons why he can. I would just stay friends, you've made your intentions clear, the ball is in his court. If he wants to be with you, he'll let you know. And if he isn't, I promise you, there is a guy out there who will make it clear that not only is he into you, but he will fight to be w/ you!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You're 15 and presumably he is too. School is the second most important thing in life, the first being family.

He doesn't want his son's future to be off the rails from a distraction from school work. I am sure it's nothing you have done and certainly not judgment from his Father.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You should find ways to spend more time with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • 'School work' could be an excuse, but not necessarily.
    No one is able to study 24 hours a day.
    You can find a way to get closer with the guy that will not distract him from performing at school.
    School prepares people to get along well enough later in life. To be able to shape a good relationship is one important part of this 'later in life'.
    All in good measure - and no one has a reason to complain.

0|0
    0|0
  • EXACT same thing happened exact the school part for me. If he is ready for anything, you will know. Just balance giving him space and spending time with him

0|0
    0|0
  • Patience is Golden Here, dear. be his Friend, Stay focused on your own Life and see if it is Meant to Be with Mother Nature. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Be content being friends or don't be friends at all with him right now.
    If you keep pushing at him he may distance himself from you. Then you'll loose a good friend.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes