How do you ask out a guy without being too direct, or how do you let a guy know you like him more than a friend?

Anonymous
question says it all, me and him have been friends for 2 years and he thinks I don’t like him more than a friend because I always treat him as a friend and he knows that I hate when guy friends try to make a move on you and stuff from what I told him he’s the exception tho but he doesn’t know that. So how can I ask him out or let him know I like him but if he doesn’t like me I’m still good with being friends without ruining the friendship.

Me and him have had sex before around when we first met so I think he’s attracted to me but the sex back then was not good since I didn’t have any experience back then. So we haven’t done anything since then we’ve just been friends
10 mo
Guys so I did it and he pretty much said no. I said “I have a free movie ticket bro so if u wanna go to the movies lmk” he just said “lol ask John instead if he’s not busy” that means he doesn’t like me
17
4