+1 y

Does ex never want me back?

I broke up with my ex 2 weeks ago but I regretted it the day I said it. But he broke up with me, but we got back together. Finally After breaking up with him out of frustration it was over. The next day he texted me trying to be friends but I was bitter. I wanted him back but he said it was never going to happen. Finally he came to my place to talk things over but became frustrated with me. He still loved me, wanted me, and cared for me but he said we were never getting back together. He told me he had been going through a depressive state and something unspeakable had happened to his sister, that's when he started to blame me and then told me to get out of his car, and peeled out of my street. The next couple of days I tried talking to him, but he finally responded by saying that to "leave me him alone, never wanted to talk to me again, and that he hated me". So I left it. A few days passed again so I decided to call him because I was leaving that weekend back to college ( we are in college and I live two hours away). We talked on the phone but he became angered and still said the same things. ( he hadn't changed our pictures or changed his relationship status on FB). he also told me he was keeping our things because they were good memories. he hung up on me, then I texted him saying I should return my things if he didn't want to be with me. He freaked and said that "If I didn't care anymore then he didn't" when this whole time I was trying to get back together with him. I left him alone, the next day I left back to college with a guy friend, I got a text from him asking me "what I was doing, who I was with, what took me so long to text him back" that sort of thing. he said good night and that was that. Next day I tried contacting him but he said the same "we aren't getting back together thing" then he tried pulling that I should talk to other people and that he was going to do the same. I said fine and left it. I went out with my friends got yet another text from himm saying "what are you doing, who are you with?" he said that he didn't care but to be safe, have fun, and use protection". but he knows that I don't like those things or do them. I left it alone for a few days called his best friend, he told me to be friends with him because it sounded like he was going through some family issues. I tried the next day, but my ex told me that we were never going to be friends, that he didn't want to talk to me because all I was going to do, was try to get back together and talk about all the guys I want to date and f***. but none of that was true with the exception of wanting him back. Finally he stopped talking to me and that's the last I heard from him. We were best friends before we started dating and were dating for a little over a year, we were in love, does he really never want me back? or is this a phase? I miss him and it hurts that he is saying these mean things to me and trying to act like his life is unaffected right now. what should I do?
Does ex never want me back?
Add Opinion