27 d

Does he really think we are too different or he just does not want to commit?

Anonymous
So I met this guy like a month ago on a dating app. We exchanged our Snapchats and started talking over there for a while. He offered to have a phone call at some point so we exchanged phone numbers as well. We have been talking for a while now and he offered to visit me last weekend. He is living an hour away from me so I picked up him from the station. He was very sweet; he kissed me on the cheek, held my hand throughout even in the taxi. We spent some time together in town and went back to mine. We put a film on and started kissing after a while, he wanted to go further but I stopped him because I thought it was too early for that and he said he understood. He cuddled me, played with my hair and kissed my forehead. We ordered some food and things got even more intimate later but we didn’t sleep together. However, for the last two hours before leaving he seemed to be very thoughtful. I asked him if he was offended by the fact that we didn’t sleep together and he said not at all. I decided to text him after two days asking for how he has been and if he was okay with keeping in touch. He said he enjoyed coming to see me and I am a great person but he feels we are two completely different people with different lives and he is not sure if anything serious could work between us. I feel like he is bothered about our education levels (I am doing a PhD). Because when we were talking about those his face changed and told me that he regrets not going to uni. He knew that before coming here though. Anyway, do you think he is being honest or this is a way of escaping from a serious commitment? I replied to his message thanking for his honesty but I think it is very early to think about a relationship in our case. I asked him what exactly made him to think that we are so different that would make us stop spending time and if I offended him by any chance. I am waiting for a reply but I do not think he is going to do that. I am actually quite disappointed...
2
0