Why can't she just admit she doesn't like me?

So there's this girl I used to be friends with (we just had an argument and I thinks that's the end of that) when I met her she was really nice and sweet (like she is with everybody) we would talk, laugh, tease, flirt and have a good time. Then little by little I started noticing this change in her behavior. She would still talk to me but be a bitch to me, sometimes she'll ignore me and talk to everybody else. I'd try to talk and just get crippled responses (she doesn't even look at me) and with others, well, she is nice. Usually when we are in a group setting she seems a little more relaxed and we can talk and have fun, we mostly just talk and tease each other. When we are alone, sometimes we'll be good but most times she is bitchy and mean (although with a kind of understated playfulness and sarcasm). She has told me things like "i don't care if I don't talk to you again" or "you are dying? What you want for your funeral". At first I asked her "hey, what's wrong, why you being this way?" And she said she had no idea what I was talking about, that there was nothing wrong. After much asking, she broke down a little and opened up and said "well, I just can't get along the same with everybody" which strikes me as odd, because one thing is hanging out with your best friend, other is talking to people you know but aren't your best friend and still "get along" and be nice and another is to just insult (I don't care how playfully) and ignore the person. that's not "getting along", that's having a problem. I've asked her to tell if she just didn't like me and she said "i never said that, if I didn't like you, I would tell you", so I ask, what's her deal? Just gutless to admit it? Thanks
Why can't she just admit she doesn't like me?
Add Opinion