How to get over the hump and make a bold move?

Anonymous
I have been talking with this girl, but just light conversation nothing personal for about a month now, but we have known who each other is for about 4 months. So right now I think she views me as a friend.

I have been talking to my friend who also used to be like me and knows her. He says right now I am acting like the girl and waiting for her to initiate. He said that I have to be the one to initiate the conversations and such and take things to the next level. He even said to just go up and say "hey" and hug her and walk away.

I think she is a nice girl and I feel comfortable talking to her, but I don't want to wait too long yet I'm scared to ask for her number or ask her on a date or initiate the touch barrier or do something to make myself stand out. I always over think and I put her on a pedestal.

Where can I go from here? There may be a chance she is interested in me.
2
2