What do I say to get him to forgive me and talk to me again?

missxbrightside
I went to prom with a friend (who I always thought was a player), who tried to hook up with me repeatedly throughout the night BUT was also a perfect gentleman, but I only wanted to stay friends and not get involved (and to avoid being just another girl). I found out after that he truly liked me, and I felt bad because I'd turned him down because of my stupid pride. I tried to talk to him afterward, but he wouldn't talk to me (because I hurt him? I'm not sure why). We've both moved, so we both know there isn't any possibility of getting together, but I want to be on speaking terms with him again. He gets back from his month-long community service in Ecuador on Thursday. What can I say to him to make him talk to me again and for him to see that I am really sorry for the way I acted towards him that night and that I just want to be friends again? I hate when I lose friends, and I always try to fix things. I can't stand the feeling knowing that I'm on bad terms with someone. Please help :(
1
0