Would a guy (was my best friend) completely ignore you if he had feelings for you? Question for the Guys...

Here's the situation. One of my closest friends and former co-worker is a guy. He lives in a different state. When we met, (I used to travel a lot to his state) we hit it off instantly. We became very close. Eventually Our friendship morphed into a mutual attraction for each other. I had a huge "crush" on him but we never crossed the line. (came close a few times) We choose to not risk our friendship. He got married 2 years ago. I'm in a serious relationship. He's happy. I'm happy. However, after not seeing him for 2 years, while I was in town recently we went for drinks. He walked me to my motel room and then things took an unexpected 180 turn. He went from happy to somber. He gave me a very long tight hug and told me he needed to go that we were at risk for damaging our friendship. I asked why, and that I didn't understand what I did..what was wrong. He replied he was married and then gave me another long tight hug. Tears streamed down my face because that hug was heartbreaking but I didn't know why. Now he won't talk to me or return my calls. I'm saddened because even though I have a strong attraction to him, I'd never risk his friendship and would have been happy if that's all we ever were.
2
0