Is he just going through a hard time or am I about to get played?

So I was talking to this guy that just broke up with his girlfriend of a year who happened to cheat on him. Things seemed to be going good with us then on day he gets all bumped out about her cause she is with in of his best friends. We hangout Wednesday and and everything seemed fine he even said he liked me! Then yesterday he was supposed to come to apple bees with me and some of our friends for supper. He texted me when he got off work saying he was going to f this dude up. I replied saying I thought we were going to apple bees are you off yet? He out yes I'm off but I'm going to fight this dude. I told him he didn't have to do this and just to come with us instead. He says yes I do! People keep fing with me they gonna get crapped on. So I say so your not coming with me? And he point blank tells me he doesn't care what the f me or any of our friends think?!?! I don't know for sure but I think the guy is the boy his ex if with now! Any in site on what made him snap? Should I give him another chance? Or leave him alone for good?
3
3