Why do guys approach me when I least expect them to (or when I'm feeling least prepared)?

Anonymous
It seems like when I am consciously thinking about guys and actually dress up to look nicely for them, guys pay no attention to me, except for random older men, whereas when I have gained some weight, am wearing uncoordinated outfits to school ( college) and feel like I'm at my ugliest, guys in my classes will actually approach me A LOT more... And it's quite surprising that they do, because I feel like the ugliest piece of crap to walk the earth and I'm quite startled by their attention and feel self conscious about my looks when guys do approach me in class...

Can any of you relate to this, or guys, can you tell me why this might be happening to me?
+1 y
This happens to me in evey college semester...Perhaps guys can tell whether a girl is focused on her life and her studies, and that's what appeals to some guys? And guys can tell when a girl is trying to impress guys by dressing up or whatever...?
1
1