What should I do if I still have feelings for someone else?

jrankin12
My boyfriend and I have been together for about 9 months and he is great. The only problem is I still have feelings for this guy that I used to date. We always keep in touch and he is like my best friend. I know for a fact he still has feelings for me but the problem is he is in training for the army. I do not want to follow my heart and break up with my boyfriend if I'm going to be with someone I will hardly see. I am in Arkansas and he is in Georgia. My ex and I went to the same middle school and we started dating my freshman year and it lasted a while until my overprotective single mom did not want me to have a boyfriend so I had to end it. We started talking again junior year and we both came to an agreement we shouldn't date if we attend different high schools, especially with my mom situation. I am originally from Louisiana and relocated to Arkansas for college. Now that I am away from my mom and I have more freedom, I found a guy who is really nice and treats me right. In the back of my mind, I always think about my ex. Since we always keep in touch, is this a sign? Should I break up with my boyfriend and be with someone I truly want to be with but deal with the consequences of the army training and traveling involved or should I keep the good guy that I have and hope these feelings go away?

What should I do if I still have feelings for someone else?
Add Opinion