US Americans: Do you ever feel sheltered by your own country?

Just something I noticed, without people arguing the opposite for a moment which I know you are going to love to do, do you ever noticed how your country seems to really "shelter" you, how do you feel about it?

Things like, outlawing women to be topless or even be in a bra, American t.v. does not even allow butt cracks to be shown on t.v (OMG even with underwear over). When I have watched American programmes I am always like wtf! is a butt crack really that big of a deal? It will be if you make it one, I mean how rediculous can you get?.

Also how highly politically correct it is, like they go as far as inventing refrences for black people calling them "african American" with many people seeming to be too scared to say "black" as they think its an insult. Also, it seems like the government never tells any US citizens about what they plan to do, News doesn't even extend past outside your own state you live in let alone world wide.

Like do you even realize these things? These are just a few general ways your country
5
6