How would I know if he's into me?

There is this guy in my church that I have been semi-talking to for about almost 2 months now. We first started out by texting each other back and forth and even if I text him and he didn't respond right away, he always text back. At first when we started to talk, he really never asked me out on a date and if we hanged out, it was usually with our friends from church. 2 weeks ago we went out to dinner, in which I asked him. It was great and it seemed as though we had a good time, we even talked about it the next day after. But then all of a sudden we don't talk like we use to. When I text him, he would text back, but when I text him back again to start a conversation, he never text back. I would text him first but he wouldn't respond or I would text him again the next day and he would respond. I know he's a very busy person who is involved in everything, but I at times feel like if a guy likes someone he will make time or acknowledge you. When we are around friends, I tend not to be next to him too much unless there's others around us because I don't want to look clingy. I would love at times to complement him on how great he looks but I'm scared it would look like I am getting with him sexually. He really hasn't complemented me. I guess in the past I'm so used to guys that, if we are talking, they would ask me to hangout with them and give me a complement or be more forward. with this guy I'm so confused with him. There are times when I feel like I don't have the patience with him and want to say forget this, but deep down inside I can't seem to shake him off. I try to not think of him, but I get this feeling inside like I should be patient with him. Help me out. What should I do?
How would I know if he's into me?
Add Opinion