GIRLS! Being friends with the pretty girl. Do you ever feel like she kills your chances?

I have a friend who is very beautiful. She often gets the same compliment that she's the prettiest girl ____ has ever seen. She's been told that by so many people, even a stranger in the parking lot.

I get told I'm pretty too, but I always just feel like she's more beautiful. She vented to me about how girls have told her they don't want to go certain places with her because she's so pretty and they basically feel like she steals their shine unintentionally. Like people focus so much on her beauty that they get overlooked. I didn't tell her, but I can relate. Sometimes I feel like my chances decrease when I'm with her. Like had I just been somewhere by myself, some guy would have approached me, but because she was with me he didn't and just focused on her. For example, I had an interview for Abercrombie and Fitch the other day. The manager actually came up to me and asked if I wanted to apply. She came with me the day of my interview and decided she would apply too. To be honest, I really didn't want her to because not only does she already have a job, but she's really pretty. We both applied for modeling positions. I've been really worried that she'll get it and I won't. It really pisses me off because she's not even into fashion like that, she already has this job, she has no interest in modeling and I'm pursuing a modeling career, this job is a huge deal for me as a person and my life right now. Not to mention, she flirted with the guys there and got them to put in a good word for her and asked me about the questions asked before I knew she applied. Which is an advantage all on it's own. I'd just be so mad if she got it and I didn't because I need it way more and I honestly feel like it would be easy for her to get a job in so many places. I love her though and she's a great friend, but I can't sit up here and deny my true feelings. I'm just keepin it real. At least I'm being 100% open and honest with how I feel. At some point and time, I'll reveal these feelings to her just because I see no point of keeping them in the dark.

Anyway, females have you ever felt the same or similar? Please tell me about it and tell me what you did :)

+1 y
I just want to thank all of you girls for opening up your hearts and telling me about your personal experiences :)
+1 y
What do the guys think of this?
+1 y
Idk whether or whether not to ask this anonymously lol I think sometimes anonymous questions make people feel more comfortable
+1 y
yet at the same time, sometimes when a person asks anonymously, I feel compelled to answer anonymously because I feel like they shouldn't get to know my identity if they won't share theirs...idk lol what do you guys think? haha
1
7