Do I have a chance with a really gorgeous white guy or should I just give up? (I know color sometimes matters)

Anonymous
There's a really hot gorgeous guy and we are kind of friends and I like him he his really sweet to me always hugging me and touching me in a sweet way we talk about loads of things and he told me I was one of the most beautiful amazing girls he has even seen I doubt because I know he has tons of girls after him.(I am black by the way)

I had courage enough to tell one of my black friends and she had a really awful reaction she said something like this "I'm going to be completely honest with you don't have a chance with him sure you are gorgeous and white average guys may hit on you but that's because they can't get the hot white girls he is like really handsome and he can choose whatever girl he wants, I am concern about you I don't want you to get hurt" And I said what a bitch but then when I went home I though to myself maybe she's right it kinds of makes sense, but I really like him I just don't want to make a fool of myself.

Is it true what she said ?
1
3