Should I try to talk to him?

I met this guy in my class during the wintertime through my friend. Overtime, I start developing feelings for him. I’ve noticed many different signs that he does like me (ALWAYS catch him staring at me [even when I turn around I catch him kind of gazing], smiling at me [according to my friend], letting me win, always showing off). We both can be shy at times, but whenever I’m around, he’s really the most rambunctious person in my class (we met in gym class). Around anyone else, he never opens his mouth. Being as shy (and stupid) as I am, I asked my guy friend that I met him through to ask him if he likes anyone. Unfortunately he said no. This kind of confused me at first, but then after that, he started showing those signs I told you before even more! By the end of the summer, I texted him myself, and I was just about to confess to him that I like him, but he never responded. That was over a month ago. Since then, I’ve been having all these things going through my mind cause it just hasn’t added up in my mind. Should I text him again, just incase he never got the text message or if he got nervous and just never answered? Help!
Should I try to talk to him?
Add Opinion