+1 y

Would a girl stay in touch with a guy after she moved if she just wanted to be friends?

So a girl that I had know from college, but hadn't talked to in 5 years and I met up and hit it off. She was moving 3 weeks from the time of our first date. We hung out several times and talked a lot over those next few weeks. She was very busy, but made time for me. Every time we hungout there was kissing, hand holding, and good conversation. Kissing included making out and also casual kisses throughout the day or kisses to greet me and to say goodbye. So I know the girl liked me. Then she moved. We never addressed what we were or what our feelings were. After her move we stayed in contact via phone/text/letter/email almost every day for those 2 weeks. Then she blew me off for a week. Granted it was her first week at her new job but I was still upset and decided she had decided to let me go. The girl is very honest and down to earth so I was shocked at what happened. Then she called to my surprise to apologize for being sh*tty and not calling me back. She said she was stressed and frustrated the last week with her new job. I was brief with her on the phone because I was still pissed, but now we have started talking more regularly again. A week ago today we talked on the phone for over an hour. She laughs and we joke but I never know if its more than just good conversation. Then the next day she texts me about a band I need to listen to. I respond but she doesn't reply. Then that happens again the next day. Then the next day we have 2 conversation via text. The first about 20 min, the next about an hour. The deal is that I don't pick up on subtlety well, I've always been bad know if a girl likes me. Before she moved I never knew how she was feeling when we'd talk or text, but when we'd meet up everything was awesome. So even when I got validation she liked me then I never felt it via phone so now I really don't know. I'm struggling with wanting to push the boundaries but not end up looking foolish. I really don't know what her feelings for me are. Basically I'm wondering if a girl would meet up with a guy, get feelings for him, then move and want to stay in touch with him on a consistent basis if she just wanted to be pals? Basically other than the week where she went awol, we have had contact 80% of the time at least once a day since her move. Would she be interested enough in me as a friend to talk to me that much? I don't even talk to my best guy friends that regularly. I would like to visit her. In a letter she wrote me that I got a 2 weeks after her move she said feel free to visit but I always second guess whether she's just being friendly or trying to not be too forward expressing herself. When I talked to her 2 days ago, we talked for over an hour. She called me the next day to ask me if I could help her friend with something. Then I called tonight and talked for 30min. She was tired so it was OK. I told her I had a funny story & she told me to call her tomorrow. So like I said we have a lot of communication going on but I don't know.
+1 y
We talked 2 days ago I brought up a movie, "one day" ,I wanted to see but wouldn't since it was a chick flick. She told me I could go, I said I would feel stupid. That went on for a bit, then she said if I came to visit her she'd go with me. So I said find out when it opens & let me know. Well later than night she text me "one day...August 19" so I reply "that a date?" Then she responded "Thats the day the movie one day comes out." I thought she just didn't address my question.
+1 y
So I replied, "thanks for looking that up." Now I think she thought when I said "that a date?" she thought I was questioning her text of "one day...August 19" since that out of the context of a movie that is a confusing sentence. So missed opportunity. So things like that happen, then I get mixed feelings. Like I said we hadn't talked in 5 years then had a fling and now talk alot. So would I all of a sudden be so interesting to be someone she wants to talk to that frequent just as friends?
+1 y
So I called last night no answer. She texted this morning. Went for about an hour. Then I got home & had a letter from her. The letter mentions how I can come visit, but the letter uses the word "friend" more than once. So that kinda feels like a kick in the gut. Part of me wants to visit & give it a go in person, but don't want to be a fool. The only thing that makes me think there would be a chance is that we've been physical before her move several times. So now I'm unsure what to do.
+1 y
If I visited I'd be out the money & maybe my ego, but I feel that in person would give me the best chance to remind her that she likes me. I just feel if I blab out my feelings via phone it will be far more awkward than visiting and going for a kiss to be rejected. At least then I'd have given it a shot.
+1 y
Last week she told me about a band she likes that is coming to my city. When I told her I got tickets she said she was jealous. She said they were playing down there but didn't know if she'd go. I said she should go. She said she didn't have anyone to go with. I said if I was down there I'd go. She said "if you feel like coming to __ let me know." I said "i feel like coming down." I talked to her on the phone that night. Brought it up with her, she seemed good but it would be another month out.
0
2