+1 y

Liking old friends? Not sure if there is a right answer. Any advice appreciated.

I posted a few different question over the past few days, kind of cutting down the details to what I thought was pertinent to each particular question. I have gotten some great responses, and I think you all for that. I have decided to lump the entire situation together, to make sure I didn't muddle anything by trying to trim details out. Sorry, this is kind of long.

There are these triplets girls that I grew up with at my church. I've know them since we were in, like, elementary school. For the most part I had just been general acquaintances to not so close friends with them, mainly only ever hanging out with them through a friend who was a lot closer to them than me. My friend ended up going to college considerably far away( as did one of the triplets) so for a while I would rarely ever talk to them except at church.

About 8 months ago, I randomly texted the two who where still around to see if they wanted to hang out and go see a movie. For a bit after that we kind of got into the grove where once a week we would go to a movie, go bowling, play tennis, ect... In general hanging out outside of when we were just at church. It then started to get to where most of my attention was going towards one of them(who had actually broken up with her on-again off-again boyfriend a bit after we started hanging out(she said she did not see herself ever marrying him)) and the other one kind of started getting really distant. I got to the point where I really wanted to ask her out on a real date. Before that happened though she started going a bit cold on me and I find out she was getting back together with her old boyfriend(again).

That was about 3 months ago. After a couple of weeks things kind of went back to the three of us hanging out once a week (sometimes with her boy friend). We still talk quite a bit. Usually after church some nights, we will hang around, just the two of us and talk for an hour or two. Also the other sister, who had gotten distant, started saying there was a bunch of movies we needed to go see together, and I didn't mind( actually kind of wanted to) take her to a movie (I am the type of guy who if he goes to a movie with a girl, there is basically no chance she is going to pay for anything. Sorry if you disagree with me on that). At the theater, she started giving me some of the little signs that she might be interested and want me to do something. Like, lifting up the little arm rest between us and trying to sit closer. Waiting for me to reciprocate (FYI, I'm dense, and a chicken. I did little to nothing).

Let me break off right here for a moment and say that, before I started putting all my attention on the one sister, I actually spent like a week helping out the other sister with VBS at our church were we got kind of close. We were a bit mutually clingy during the whole thing.
+1 y
Now I'm at the cross road that, on the one hand, I still do like the first sister and when her boyfriend is around I am a little jealous (I have gotten to know the guy though, so it make it kind of hard to wish him failure). On the other hand, there is the sister who actually shows that she has interest in me and I do have feelings for her(I just don't know where those feelings stand right now(I'm not as close to her as I am the other sister)).
+1 y
I also understand that there is no turning back from which ever decision I make. I have also been the type of guy who is pretty good at/has the bad nack of getting into a girls "friend zone." I never really can get myself to do something that might make her uncomfortable.
+1 y
So, Is it OK to pursue the sister that seems to show interest in me? Does it look like I'm settling / or is it just moving on past something that will probably never happen? Is it bad to put myself in a position where I will be around someone who I do still like(though I suppose she considers me a close enough friend that we would probably hangout regardless)?
2
0