+1 y

Ghosts of my past are coming back?

A couple of years ago I was best friends with a group of girls who decided to basically just not be friends with me anymore. They took my ex's side during our break up and they started all these rumors about me etc. We had been friends for a few years and looking back, them leaving me out was a normal occurrence. E.g. They would deliberately leave their names off lists, if I couldn't get there for a gathering I was left out for weeks, they would bitch about me public ally across Facebook etc.

To be honest, it mentally scarred me. I haven't been able to really trust anyone since.

Now, I've started at university and have met some amazing people. But I can't help but feel paranoid that everything is going to happen again. I don't think they're like that. But I'm panicking, like if they don't knock on my door, they obviously don't like me that much etc. Plus I got a text of a girl, saying 'you're my least favorite housemate', and it was one of the guys for a joke but it made me nearly cry.

Don't know what to do.

I'm not a bad person, I'm a genuine loyal friend. But I always feel like these new friends are just going to look through me and decide not to be friends with me anymore. :(

Don't know what to do.
Ghosts of my past are coming back?
0
1