+1 y

I can't approach total strangers... I need some help!

I'm not gonna be one of those girls who says "OMG why don't guys approach me!?". It shouldn't always be up to the guy. That's just not fair. I would love it if a guy approached me, but for whatever reason that isn't happening. So what can I do to make it a little easier to approach someone? I'm always concerned that people are going to get the wrong idea of me. I'm also always worried about doing something stupid and really embarrassing myself, so that like I said, people get the wrong idea of me. I've tried initiating things before, but I always seem to misread the situation and it'll turn out that the guy wasn't actually interested in me, or he has a girlfriend... It's kind of ruined my confidence, and I no longer trust my instincts. Plus I now have a hard time believing that anyone that I like, could like me back. It would just seem too good to be true, you know? Like something that happens to other people, but to me seems like a fairytale, haha

Anyway, I'm tired of being passive and waiting for things to happen, and hearing all my friends tell stories about their boyfriends, haha, so I would really appreciate some valid advice on this. :-)
2
2