+1 y

How should I change my approach?

I'm trying very hard to meet girls at my college. I used to have an issue with approaching girls, being too shy. At the beginning of the school year, I told myself I need to just do it. So basically many times whenever I see an attractive girl, I approach her and talk to her. The only issue is that I'm kinda inexperienced and still sort of shy, so I might approach her but come across as awkward and nervous.

In addition, my hormones are going absolutely crazy so I find I have a tendency to come on too strong, which scares people away. I also have a ton of energy and am all over the place. I go back and forth from the library to the cafe to socialize, making people think I'm stalking them.

I'm trying to figure out how to change my approach. One of my friends suggested I need to just focus on making friends with girls and going from there. What do you think? I should note I'm not looking to get laid, I'm looking for a girlfriend. But my hormones are going crazy, probably because I'm a virgin.
How should I change my approach?
1
1