+1 y

Is this leading him on, and what do I do? I'm really bad at male-female interaction...

Basically, I'm in a foreign country at the moment, learning the local language (China), and I met this local guy (as a language partner). I'll just quickly sum up what's happened:

- Met up with him, ate dinner (platonically) and swapped English/Chinese tips (his English is pretty good - my Chinese is terrible)

- [several days later] Went clubbing with him and his mates. Everyone got pretty drunk.

- He got pissed whenever anyone so much as looked at me or tried grinding on me (which happened a lot, being a club and all)

- When home with him in a taxi (he lives near me)

- He kept telling me how good I looked and how cool I was, then kept asking me to kiss him

- I say "no" for about half an hour, but he kept persisting, then somehow we end up making out for 5 minutes before I got back to my place and left him

- Called me the following afternoon and said that the kiss was "the best thing that's happened to him this year"

- I'm like "okay O.o" and sound kind of unenthused, then he tells me he'll just forget it

- Went out for dinner with him like the first time, but he insisted on going to a nice restaurant (which I couldn't afford) and paid for it =/ and it really felt like a date.

- He just called and wants to meet me soon, and tells me how nervous he is.

Basically, I like him, but only as a friend. I'm kind of an idiot, socially, and I haven't really got any experience with guys, but I feel like I might be leading him on. But I don't know how to let him down gently. Luckily, I'm going back home in a couple months, so maybe I can use that as an excuse? Please help :(.

Yes, I know I was an idiot for kissing him By the way.

3
0