+1 y

What made him suddenly decide to leave me? Can anyone make sense of this situation?

I just don't understand this situation. Any advice would be really appreciated because I really don't know what happened and what it means.

Ok so long story short, this guy and I were together for 6 months and it was amazing. We got on so well and had so much in common. We spoke all the time and he was the one who made it seem like we were going to last. Then over night he stopped talking to me and from there things went downhill. After a while I confronted him and asked what was going on. He said he was busy and said it would be better we stay friends until we both know what we doing with our lives.

It hurt to hear that, especially when he was the one who had told me he was serious about me. But we stayed friends and after a while we started talking. At first it was weird and he seemed very uninterested in the conversations, but I persevered and over time we grew closer. Now he is one of my really good friends. We spoke everyday and I thought things were going really well.

Then one night he opened up to me and told me that he's together with this older girl now. Its all complicated because they aren't meant to be dating. But he makes out like he's happy so I was glad for him. After thinking about it though, I guess knowing that he's with another girl affected me. I didn't understand how he could have moved on so fast and I was left hurting. I'm glad we friends and sometimes think its better because we are more open, but I just hate it when he doesn't talk to me or he ignores me because he's talking to her.

I don't know how to feel about it. Do you think that when he stopped talking to me over night it was because she had caught his attention. she's quite straight forward and is pretty obsessed with him so I don't know if he got bored of me and decided to pursue her. What made him suddenly decide to leave me after everything we had and all the things he said? Like I fell for him because I thought he was being genuine, but he moved on like it meant nothing and that's what hurt me.

I really like being good friends with him, but I hate knowing that he's always talking to her or going out with her and that she's now taken the place I had in his life. Like instead of inviting me to his house he now invites her and it sucks. He says we are good friends and wants to see me often and stuff, but he never follows through with it and I'm left feeling rejected.
1
1