+1 y

How do I politely cancel after I confirmed plans?

My best friend (female) invited me to go a Teen Club Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Without really looking at the event's info, and other things, I excitedly accepted the invitation and planned out a ride and stuff.

I got home and looked up the event on Facebook, and I discovered that the event is (to put it bluntly) incredible ghetto (makes sense because my bff is also ghetto and black, but I most definitely am not either) and I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable or feel safe. It's in a sketchy area of town, and the pictures from previous events hosted by the same club shows some very compromising pictures of guys with their hand down girls pants and other stuff I would rather avoid.I need to politely cancel my invitation, but I really don't want to be a flake and hurt her feelings.
+1 y
if it helps, I'm 16. And if I did cancel, I have something else that we could do that I think she might like.
2
1