+1 y

Why would a guy come after a girl that he once told her that he did not like her?

There was a guy that I once liked we dated then I asked him out but then he said to me that he would rather be friends with me instead. After a few months he dated one of my friends which hurt me, they broke up after a few weeks. I got over him and then moved away to study and within a few months he moved close by to where I lived. He texted me and asked if I wanted to catch up, he decided that we go to the movies and during the movies we started to kiss and cuddle and as we left he held my hand. After the date we constantly texted each other and he wanted to take me out for dinner to a cute place. We had fun, chatting and laughing. But during dinner he brought up his ex in a conversation which pissed me off. He drove me off to the train station and as I left his car I did not kiss him because I was still pissed about him bringing up his ex during the date. After the date he ignored my text messages. So I sent him one asking him is something was wrong and he replied with saying that I offended somehow. I knew that I liked to spend time with him and it was hard for us to just be friends. I thought that was sweet and so replied with an apology to say that I did not know that what I said offended him and he replied by saying that he deserved better and there are other girls that wanting the meet up with him and that he did not want to catch up with me. I was upset with the fact that someone could sent such a nice message and then turnaround and send such a rude on back. So out of anger I deleted from Facebook and then within a week he sends me a text asking did I delete him from Facebook and said that our last date was a disaster and asked why I acted like that way I did that night. I replied with I do not know why I acted the way I did that night and would hope that he may be able to give me another chance to prove to him that I care. He has not replied to the message for three days. Why would a guy tell a girl that he would rather be friends then after a year ask her out and get intimate with her and then tell her that he like her? What is this guy thinking?
1
1