+1 y

Handling possible rejection from a girl?

So there's this really nice, shy girl that I like at school. I'm about 50% confident that she likes me, but the only way I can know for sure is if I ask her directly. I plan to ask her out at the next good opportunity and it will honestly just be a relief just knowing one way or another because the uncertainty is driving me crazy.

However, if she's anything like other girls who have a similar personality she'll probably feel (a little) bad at rejecting me. It's fine if she does because I won't be brokenhearted over it but I just need some closure so I'm not always wondering if we could have had something.

So, my question is; if she turns me down what is the best way to react/thing to say to show her that it's no big deal? I'll still see her around school and stuff so I don't want her to feel awkward around me or to think I resent her.
1
1