+1 y

How should I interpret this text msg? Am I delusional? Please help.

Because I tend to angle everything I ask on this site to what I want people to answer, I thought I would write the conversation I had with the guy I really like. He texted me first and invited me:

Him: "Hi! I'm having a small party at my place tomorrow if you're not busy! //*his name*"

Me: "Hi! Thanks, sounds like fun, but I'm busy with something else tomorrow. Maybe we'll see each other at *another party the weekend after that our uni was hosting*?"

Him: "Yes, absolutely. I'm actually going to the whole thing, the dinner before (before big parties at my uni there's formal dinners as well). How did it go at the lab this summer?"

I went on to answer that, and asked him how his summer job had gone. He answered that as well.

However, when I met him at that party the weekend after he ignored me and I then ignored him.

Let me add that we're not friends, just friendly. We talk to each other when we meet by accident, but we've never hung out in our free time.

Was I delusional to think he might've been interested when he invited me? Did something scare him off? Please help me understand him!

Thanks

How should I interpret this text msg? Am I delusional? Please help.
Add Opinion