+1 y

When you assume a person is fishing for compliments/attention do you avoid giving them any?

I notice people avoid giving compliments or attention to those who they suspect are fishing for them.

My roommate died her hair ombre, She was flipping her hair and running her fingers through it and such and doing things to get my and the other roommates attention. She never actually said "Hey, do you guys like my new hair color?" or anything like that. So I just went ahead and said how I liked her new look but my other roommates completely ignored her attempts even though I'm sure they knew that she was fishing for compliments/attention.

I find myself always doing that for people. Sometimes it's annoying I think giving people what they want takes less work than ignoring them. Is it bad to purposely stroke someone's ego? Do you like for someone to do that? When people brag or fish for compliments aren't they indirectly asking you to do so?

.
1
3