+1 y

I've always felt like there were sparks there

Me and this girl have known each other for more than a year. We aren't close friends, don't talk on the phone or text, but we interact like once a week.

We have always been flirty. She gets my humor and I get hers. The problem is that she had a boyfriend. She broke up with him, but she's not over him; hence, she kind of didn't want to do anything with me one-on-one when I asked her to after that. Luckily, I haven't made myself someone she could cry about him to since I don't want to be friendzoned.

I don't know what to do. I want her, but she had this boyfriend for years and I don't know how long it'll take her to get over it. There's just so much chemistry between us that it's a shame for it to go to waste; but if she's not over it, I don't want to be hanging around, so I have kept our interactions minimal recently (she called me a couple weeks ago which was pretty much the first time she called me and I didn't answer and I didn't really talk to her the next time we saw each other).

It feels like I would just be wasting my energy pining for her if she'll never be with me.
1
1