+1 y

I like someone that I shouldn't like, advice?

I have a friend, we had never been close until a bit more than a month ago. He'd always hit on me, but I always ignored him, because I wasn't particularly attracted to him, he's a couple years younger than me AND he has a kid. But there was a situation in which we spent a lot of time together, and we really clicked. We hooked up, and then we hooked up a couple more times. He always talks to me, and we really get along great.

Now I realize that I like him. I know, though, that I don't like him romantically - I just can't see myself having a committed relationship with him. I guess I feel lust and friendship combined, I really care about him, I enjoy spending time with him, and well, I like having sex with him, too, if I'm 100% honest with myself. I constantly think about him, but like I said, it's not a romantic feeling, however, I find myself wishing I could spend more time with him, etc.

Buuuuut... like I said, he has a kid. He got back together with his ex yesterday. They don't have a very good relationship, and a s a matter of fact, if it weren't for their daughter, they probably would have ended it like a year ago. But I get that they try to make it work, as I was in a long, complicated and intense on/off relationship for many years and it's been hard to cut contact and completely break up (as a matter of fact, I still love and miss my ex since we only broke up like 2 months ago).

But now that he's back with his ex, I know I have to step back. And this saddens me... and it also makes me feel like a foolish 16 year old again. I'm sad, and it's so stupid. How can I cope?
2
0