+1 y

Do we still have a chance, and should I ask him to dance with me at the Christmas formal?

OK. This is kinda confusing and I'm going to try to shorten it as much as possible!

So last year I liked this guy who I didn't know but he seemed really different from other guys and he is shy and inexperienced (like me example never had a boyfriend) and so I was like what could go wrong? so I put a note in his locker asking if he was going to the formal and that I though he was cute, I didn't say who it was but put my locker number and he found out who I was the next day anyway. so it ended up being that I got to dance with him at the formal and at another end of the year dance and on the last day of school we hugged. PROBLEM my friends pretty much did all the talking for me, I rarely talked to him and now this school year it's really awkward.I still like him a lot but want the his friend for now and we have talked a lot since the formal but only on Facebook. Do we still have a chance, and should I ask him to dance with me at the Christmas formal or just tell him we should start over or something? I don't know has it gone too far? I have a lot of questions. anyway what I should do, I still really like him but worry if he is annoyed at me, or doesn't want a girlfriend, or is just shy or something. -thanks, good luck helping me, but please do! :)
2
1